Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Menus, Breakfast, Lunch and Snack Ideas>Oatmeal Creme Pies :)
mema 07:42 PM 09-15-2013
OMG! These are yummy! I haven't had oatmeal creme pies in over 15 years, but oh so love them. My kids wanted something pumpkinie (is that a word?? ) and dd went surfing for a recipe and came across these. Made them up tonight and I will have to hide them in the bottom of the freezer.

http://sallysbakingaddiction.com/201...me-sandwiches/
Familycare71 07:52 PM 09-15-2013
I guess this is why I'm not a cook or a baker... I read the little Debbie oatmeal cream pie recipe and I don't understand why one would go through that much work when you can still buy them at the store...
LK5kids 11:40 AM 09-20-2013
These look awesome! Thanks!
Lyss 04:10 PM 09-20-2013
OMG those look awesome! And all the other great photos of recipes on that site... I had to close it, its almost dinner time and that's making me drool and hungry

I wish I could make these! But I know that my baking skills are subpar at best so mine never turn out the same. I'm more of a pinterest fail person
mema 06:34 PM 09-20-2013
Originally Posted by Familycare71:
I guess this is why I'm not a cook or a baker... I read the little Debbie oatmeal cream pie recipe and I don't understand why one would go through that much work when you can still buy them at the store...
I know you can buy them, but things always taste better homemade and I don't eat things as fast knowing I have to make them again

Originally Posted by LK5kids:
These look awesome! Thanks!
They are-even frozen!

Originally Posted by Lyss:
OMG those look awesome! And all the other great photos of recipes on that site... I had to close it, its almost dinner time and that's making me drool and hungry

I wish I could make these! But I know that my baking skills are subpar at best so mine never turn out the same. I'm more of a pinterest fail person
Oh come on! You can do it. I have a lot of pinterest fails and still keep going back
Lyss 07:42 PM 09-21-2013
Originally Posted by mema:
Oh come on! You can do it. I have a lot of pinterest fails and still keep going back
I keep going back too! I've actually been thinking about these all day! how'd yours turn out?
mema 08:14 AM 09-22-2013
Originally Posted by Lyss:
I keep going back too! I've actually been thinking about these all day! how'd yours turn out?
They turned out edible. No really, they were good. I made them a little bigger then she did. I added the flour to the filling, but didn't measure. I just added until it looked good. I did put mine in the freezer because if they are in the pantry, I eat them faster. But they are yummy frozen-not as soft, but definitely good. I had some extra filling and dd put it on some graham crackers for sandwiches because she said "no cream cheese anything should go to waste, let alone with pumpkin".
Josiegirl 10:34 AM 09-23-2013
Oh My do those look yummy! Saved her whole blog for trying later! Thanks for sharing
MNMommy2 11:35 AM 09-23-2013
I pinned these on Pinterest. I just happened to buy pumpkin last night just because it feels like that time of year now. They sound YUM!
jessrlee 03:23 AM 09-24-2013
These sound amazing!! My dad ate oatmeal cream pies and I haven't had one since he passed
Tags:oatmeal, oatmeal - pie
Reply Up