Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Store Brand Diapers
Unregistered 07:28 AM 06-26-2014
Does anyone on here not allow the use of store brand diapers in your daycare? I'd like to put it in my policy's that I no longer allow store brands. I hate store brand diapers, they hold nothing and people dont bring the right size for their kids. I really hate targets brand and walgreens brand they are the worst.

Am I being mean or unreasonable if I make this a policy?
ihop 07:32 AM 06-26-2014
I don't say no store brand because imo there are name brands that are just as bad. I say they must fit properly and contain all waste for the two hours in between diaper changes during nap. If they leak or are not the correct size then I sent them home and they bring a different brand.
kitykids3 07:32 AM 06-26-2014
I don't make it a policy. Most of my parents use Target brand and I never have problems with them.
CraftyMom 07:37 AM 06-26-2014
I don't mind which diapers parents buy. I've never had an issue with store brands. Maybe the issue is the wrong size?

2 of my kids couldn't use Pampers because they made them break out in a diaper shaped rash. Huggies to me are thick and bulky, I wouldn't want to wear them myself. We ended up using Luvs.

Diapers are expensive, I don't feel I should dictate which brand parents buy. They just get thrown away.

Some providers supply diapers. Maybe that's an option for you, to make sure you have the brand you prefer? But even still, some kids may be sensitive to the brand you prefer like mine were.
craftymissbeth 07:37 AM 06-26-2014
Unless you're going to be providing the diapers I don't see how you can tell them they have to buy a name brand diaper. Just change them more often.

I provide diapers so that I can be specific about what I want. I use the absolute cheapest diapers I can find (Luvs at the moment) and I don't have any issues with that. I do change them quite often, but I do that regardless of what brand I use.
hope 07:37 AM 06-26-2014
I don't make it a policy but once I have a few leaks or rash I make parents try different size and or brand. When my dd was am infant I used sams club brand and loved them! I bought a box when ds was born and they were not the same at all. I switched to pampers. Btw....I can't stand target brand diapers!
Shell 07:43 AM 06-26-2014
I've never had a good experience with a generic diaper. I found huggies to be the best for my kids personally. I would think you can tell parents no generic diapers- it's your business. But, I'm sure some wouldn't be happy about it if cost is an issue.
Unregistered 07:47 AM 06-26-2014
No one used them when the baby's were younger now that they are older they use target brand. I can't stand them and would't want those cheap cardboard feeling diapers on my butt.

One boy peed clear through a target diaper and the other one has bad rashes that he never had when he wore pamper. This boy boys butt is wide open raw he's got prescription cream but it does no good. I get his butt cleared up and the weekend comes and his parents leave him in wet diapers and his butt is tore up again. I also change them every hour unless they are asleep.

Walgreens and target brand diapers aren't worth a damn in my opinion.
Leigh 07:52 AM 06-26-2014
For the store brands, the target ones are my favorite! I have 2 DCK's that use them, and they never leak. I think that each kid has a diaper that works best for him/her. I DO tell parents at sign up that they are welcome to use my Amazon Prime membership to order Pampers (my favorite)-they are much cheaper that way. I really don't see anything wrong with telling parents that you can't accept the store brand diapers, explaining that they are creating unsanitary conditions in the daycare.
mountainside13 10:30 AM 06-26-2014
Target brand is great IMO! I don't mind what parents bring but I really dislike walmart brand!!! Thankfully none of my daycare parents (past or present) use them!
jokalima 11:00 AM 06-26-2014
I wouldn't do it. I used store brand with my son because that was what we could afford and it worked well. After y almost 2 years of using them, he started to get a rash and we tried everything and nothing worked. W e changed diapers, by then we could afford them and it worked. But again, I cannot force a family to buy something more expensive.
AmyKidsCo 12:59 PM 06-26-2014
Originally Posted by craftymissbeth:
Unless you're going to be providing the diapers I don't see how you can tell them they have to buy a name brand diaper. Just change them more often.
That was my thought too. Maybe if you change often enough they'll decide it's cheaper in the long run to buy more expensive diapers that are changed less often.
Tags:diaper issues, generic diapers, providing diapers, store brand diapers, target diapers, walmart diapers
Reply Up