Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Keeping Track of Supplies
Abigail 12:19 AM 10-30-2010
Do you keep track of supplies brought in by parents? When a parent brings in diapers, do you go to that child's "Book" and write down the date, number of diapers, and initial or is the to over-the-top?

I think it would be beneficial for various reasons...finding averages of how many you use in a time frame or protecting yourself from a bad situation if the parent claims they bring in things when they really don't.

Do you also keep track of diaper changes or diaper checks in a permanent or temporary form? Our daycare does a temporary form where each child's name is listed in a column on the left and five times (8/10/12/2/4 pm) throughout the day are listed across the top. This sheet is lamenated and hung inside the bathroom door and we need to use a dry-erase marker to initial or write W, BM, or initial by each child's name. Does anyone do this, but keep it in a book for the year? Thanks so much!
DancingQueen 03:44 AM 10-30-2010
I don't - at all.
I average diaper changes every 2.5 hours (or if needed between). I let parents know when I'm running low and they bring me another stack. The kids I have right now do not require any sort of daily log (thank goodness) and the parents only want to know about irregularly diapers.
There is a chance I'll be getting a baby in April and at that point the need for a daily log will come in - but I still don't see the need to track supplies unless a parent was questioning something.

I'd love to hear responses from others though - that is why I love this board. They help me prevent some big mistakes so if there is a reason I should be doing something differently I love hearing about it.
Lilbutterflie 05:14 AM 10-30-2010
I don't keep record of supplies when they are brought in, but I don't think it would hurt. Organization and recordkeeping is never bad!!
I don't currently keep any infants, but when I did I had a infant daily report sheet in which each diaper change, time, type were noted along with other things.
mac60 05:38 AM 10-30-2010
I don't keep track of supplies either. I have a cabinet I keep diapers and wipes and extra clothes in and when a child is low I let the parents know. I do have about 4/5 boxes of wipes, and by the end of the day I have them all out on the floor where I change them, I am thinking about making a list of the kids who use them, have the names on a paper and attach it to the cabinet, and each time I clean a butt make a slash mark to keep track of approx how many each child uses, this way I can keep only 1 box out at a time and not have them piled and in the way. Once a child has been cleaned say maybe 20 times or whatever, I will know they need another box of wipes from home. This way 1 am only using out of 1 box at a time.
boysx5 05:42 AM 10-30-2010
I don't they all have their own bins I keep all their stuff in and when they run low I let the parents know at the end of the week what we will need for next week. I tend to change alot its just my way and nobody ever complains I use too many diapers and I also tend to use alot of wipes so I buy my own
MyAngels 05:45 AM 10-30-2010
I don't keep track of the diapers that are brought in, and I supply my own wipes (I prefer one brand and so I prefer to buy them myself). I just make a note when someone is running low and the parents bring a new supply. I do keep a couple of extra bags of diapers just in case somebody runs out before bringing in a new supply, and then replace any used from that child when their parent remembers to bring them.
DCMom 06:19 AM 10-30-2010
My parents only supply diapers and formula if they prefer their own brand. I don't keep track, I just request it when their child gets low.

I also don't any type of log, but we are on a pretty regular schedule and I'm the only one here, so I could give them a pretty accurate accounting if a parent requested it.
Tags:book, diapers, records, rules, wipes
Reply Up