Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Repainting a Chalkboard
Josiegirl 04:23 AM 05-10-2014
I thought it was be as easy as, well...just painting over the old chalk board with chalk board paint. But my chalk board has deteriorated and it seems to almost be peeling in spots. Any suggestions on how to repair and repaint so it looks as good as new? I'm not even sure what it's made of, maybe particle board? It's a flannel board on one side and chalk board on the other. I'm not sure if sanding it is a good idea.

Has anyone else done this? Thanks!!
Maria2013 05:17 AM 05-10-2014
about sending down just the peeling and give it a coat of primer first ?
CraftyMom 05:34 AM 05-10-2014
I would lightly sand the whole thing, more so on any rough or peeling areas. Then apply a coat of primer, then your chalkboard paint.

Lightly sanding is important to be sure your paint adheres and doesn't peel right off
Josiegirl 12:01 PM 05-10-2014
Thanks! I'll try that. Have to make another trip to the paint store later today so will see if they have chalk board paint. I have primer, if you can use regular wall primer? I just got done priming my living room walls.

Funny you should mention not wanting the paint to peel off. I've washed and washed my hands and they're still covered in paint! If the chalkboard paint would adhere half as well.....
Tags:chalkboard
Reply Up