Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Minute Menu Kids - Question
DancingQueen 05:24 AM 09-09-2010
I've been using it since January and I really am liking it. But I'm wondering - do you HAVE to go in and every day say who was there? Is there a way to have the default be that everyone was there when they were supposed to be there unless you specify otherwise?
I find it incredibly tedious to have to do it daily - or even do it at the end of the week because it is so time consuming.
legomom922 06:39 AM 09-09-2010
I have been using it the last couple of months, and as far as I know, there is no default. I do it daily because otherwise I can forget soemthing. It doesnt seem to take that long once you get in the habit. I'm still learning!
DCMom 06:51 AM 09-09-2010
I get it free with my food program sponsor, so I must do it daily to avoid having 'block' claims.

As far as I know, there is no daily default and I have used it for about 4 years. Maybe it would be different in a purchased version?

I just click everyone in after breakfast as I record my meals and then fill in the rest of the day after everyone leaves, just before I shut down the computer.
DancingQueen 07:01 AM 09-09-2010
I have the paid version.
Childminder 07:02 AM 09-09-2010
I have used MM for 6 years(previous version was CK KIds) I go on once a month to count my attendance and submit my claim. I have an attendance sheet by the front door that the parents have to initial each and every day as they mark arrival and departure times and I just circle the corresponding meals for the time they are here. calendar.jpg Food program ladies(or food police as we call them here)love my system and have faxed copies back to the main office to see if they could be used by all.
Attached:
DCMom 07:08 AM 09-09-2010
Originally Posted by Childminder:
I have used MM for 6 years(previous version was CK KIds) I go on once a month to count my attendance and submit my claim. I have an attendance sheet by the front door that the parents have to initial each and every day as they mark arrival and departure times and I just circle the corresponding meals for the time they are here. Attachment 90 Food program ladies(or food police as we call them here)love my system and have faxed copies back to the main office to see if they could be used by all.
You would think that all food program sponsors would have the same guidelines ~ it's a Federal program. I'm in Minnesota and if the 'food police' (love that!) show up for a visit we are docked for each meal not recorded. For example, if she came this morning and I hadn't checked any kids for the week, I would not be reimbursed for Tuesday and Wednesday because they were not recorded. Today would be ok, because it is the current day. Same if kids were recorded, but not the menus for the day.

Huh.
DancingQueen 07:14 AM 09-09-2010
I'm on the food program and they are not linked up to the software. I have to use a number 2pencil and fill in a thousand bubbles once per month.. ugh!
Childminder 07:22 AM 09-09-2010
Originally Posted by :
You would think that all food program sponsors would have the same guidelines ~ it's a Federal program. I'm in Minnesota and if the 'food police' (love that!) show up for a visit we are docked for each meal not recorded. For example, if she came this morning and I hadn't checked any kids for the week, I would not be reimbursed for Tuesday and Wednesday because they were not recorded. Today would be ok, because it is the current day. Same if kids were recorded, but not the menus for the day.
We are docked if not recorded also but I just circle the letter (B for breakfast, A for am snack, etc...)on the calendar at the end of the day that corresponds with the meal so technically I am recording. Takes seconds daily and all of my needed records (meal count, monies paid, attendance, parents signatures, etc...) are on one page for each month and each child. Then I only spend a short time once a month to enter on MM. Also I only have 12 pages of paperwork per child per year to store. Easy to track and if I need to go to court or audited the info is easily retrieved.
Tags:menu, minute menu kids
Reply Up