Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Possibly Closing Soon, Help With A Letter?
CedarCreek 10:46 AM 11-13-2013
Hi guys,

I was going to close anyway after the new year when our house sells but being down to two kids, I just can't afford to stay open. I need income so I was thinking to doing temp work dental assisting until we move. I feel bad because I told my families we would be here until the new year. But the foundation work we had to have done drained our savings so we don't have that to fall back on.

I was thinking of send home a letter to the dcps on Friday with a two week notice. Is that enough time? How would you word it?

Thanks guys.
CedarCreek 11:21 AM 11-13-2013
Anyone?
butterfly 11:30 AM 11-13-2013

I stink at formal letters. Sorry, I'm not more help. I just wanted to wish you well in your new adventure.
butterfly 11:30 AM 11-13-2013
and I think 2 weeks is plenty of notice.
mema 11:34 AM 11-13-2013

What about something like
Dear dcf,
It is with a heavy heart that I have made the decision to close. As of xx-xx-xx, I will no longer be providing care. Here is the number for the local ccrr (or a website or something). I wish you all the best.
Regards,
Me

I hope you are able to find something and your transition goes smoothly.
spinnymarie 11:37 AM 11-13-2013
I think that sounds fine, I would also explain very briefly that due to unforseen circumstances you cannot continue until the new year as planned.
CedarCreek 11:52 AM 11-13-2013
Thanks everyone, I agree its probably best to keep if brief.

My heart really is heavy over this but all I can think about is not being able to get my boys anything for Christmas. We are barely getting by right now. I have to do something else to get income.

Thanks again
melilley 11:58 AM 11-13-2013
Sorry, I don't have any advice, but I think a two week notice is plenty. I like mema's letter.

Good luck! Are you going to go back to doing dc once you move?
CedarCreek 12:05 PM 11-13-2013
Originally Posted by melilley:
Sorry, I don't have any advice, but I think a two week notice is plenty. I like mema's letter.

Good luck! Are you going to go back to doing dc once you move?
I'm not sure, I need to feel out the market up there. From what I see on CL, there are a lot of providers advertising. If it looks like I cannot get enrollments, I will go back to the dental field and then maybe back to school.
Michael 03:36 PM 11-13-2013
Some closing letter threads here: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.p...closing+letter
Tags:closing letter
Reply Up