Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Menus, Breakfast, Lunch and Snack Ideas>100% Healthy all the Time?
Josiegirl 07:10 AM 09-07-2014
I've seen people on the board here put down serving pancakes, graham crackers, canned veggies. I'm beginning to feel my choice of the foods I serve is not good at all.
I have several kids who are young or picky. I have served veggies/hummus at snack time when I know kids will eat it. I always offer fresh fruits and veggies, very often. But I do serve canned veggies sometimes, we have pancakes once a week for breakfast, graham crackers with peanut butter for snack a couple times a month.
I try to do *most* everything right but I'm nowhere near perfect. However I feel like I need to crank it up another notch. No longer do I serve mac n cheese from a box(plain wheat noodles or brown rice, which they love), fish sticks(fresh fish now), hot dogs are only a 1x a month thing, cheezit type crackers are only on occasion now. Compared to what I serve today my menus from the ole days were ick! They do get pizza once a week, home made. I don't serve the cold meat sandwiches, only things like turkey, tuna, etc.
So I guess my question is this....where am I compared to most of you?
Up