Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Help Me Ladies.. I Am Crying:(
Unregistered 09:02 AM 03-04-2013
Hi Ladies,

I have posted before "why DC provider is no longer friendly" https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60155

what happened is I spoke to her, and I found that she is very cold with me, I actually I didn't understand any thing.This week I noticed that she has 11 children in the list and not 8 as she previously told me that her capacity is 8!!! she is not friendly at all( she even didn't even get from her chair when I drop the kids.. My daughter cried today when I dropped her and the lady didn't even look at her.. she used to help my kids take off their coats.. now nothing!!

What did she want?? she doesn't wants my kids at her daycare? I have just paid her her tuitions however we were on vacation.
Help me ladies!! I badly need to send my kids to a daycare this period to have some work done. and she is the only one affordable for me ... what shall I do???
snbauser 09:22 AM 03-04-2013
In my opinion it is time to move on. If it is that obvious that she isn't friendly and that obvious that your child is not happy there, why would you continue to leave your child in her care? And if she truly has 11 kids and is over capacity, then it is illegal and is a safety hazard. Again, if your child's safety is at risk, why would you knowingly leave them there? Cost should NEVER come before the safety of your child.
ABCDaycareMN 09:24 AM 03-04-2013
Are there any stay at home moms in your area? I would not send my kids to her ever again.
BumbleBee 09:26 AM 03-04-2013
I agree with the previous poster.

Your provider can very well have 11 enrolled and only have 8 kids at a time. I currently have 8 enrolled and my capacity is 6. I only have 6 here at one time so I'm within capacity. Just wanted to touch on that.
countrymom 09:53 AM 03-04-2013
start searching for someone else. Call the schools, sometimes they even know of moms who watch kids. Something is going on in that house, and I don't think it has anything to do with you.
hope 10:02 AM 03-04-2013
Put an ad on care or Craigslist. You would be surprised at how many calls you get. Interview over phone to narrow down before you interview in person.
If the provider is not caring to the needs of your child than it is time to move on immediately.
Blackcat31 10:06 AM 03-04-2013
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Hi Ladies,

I have posted before "why DC provider is no longer friendly" https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60155

what happened is I spoke to her, and I found that she is very cold with me, I actually I didn't understand any thing.This week I noticed that she has 11 children in the list and not 8 as she previously told me that her capacity is 8!!! she is not friendly at all( she even didn't even get from her chair when I drop the kids.. My daughter cried today when I dropped her and the lady didn't even look at her.. she used to help my kids take off their coats.. now nothing!!

What did she want?? she doesn't wants my kids at her daycare? I have just paid her her tuitions however we were on vacation.
Help me ladies!! I badly need to send my kids to a daycare this period to have some work done. and she is the only one affordable for me ... what shall I do???
I am sorry this is happening to you but you really need to find somewhere else for your children to go.

Daycare IS expensive but your priorities must be for your children's well-being over cost or the need to get work done.

I understand the need to do your job duties and I also understand being able to afford something or not but what I dont understand is when parents put those needs ahead of their child's well being.

If your provider is not at all attentive to your children, then leave and find care elsewhere. I would also do this immediately and not wait since you are not seeing any positive changes with the provider as of now.
My3cents 10:30 AM 03-04-2013
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I am sorry this is happening to you but you really need to find somewhere else for your children to go.

Daycare IS expensive but your priorities must be for your children's well-being over cost or the need to get work done.

I understand the need to do your job duties and I also understand being able to afford something or not but what I dont understand is when parents put those needs ahead of their child's well being.

If your provider is not at all attentive to your children, then leave and find care elsewhere. I would also do this immediately and not wait since you are not seeing any positive changes with the provider as of now.
This all the way...... I don't know where your from but many daycares are looking for clients to work with.

Why would you not talk with your provider and explain how you feel. Ask her if she is having issues with your child or herself or open up some communication. I would not leave my child if I felt this way.

Good luck-
Reply Up