Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Provider Pink Eye
Indoorvoice 07:19 PM 01-31-2017
Im pretty sure my daughter and I got pink eye from one of the daycare kids. It popped up this evening after they left. Do I need to close for this tomorrow? The only problem is I can't get to the doctor with dcks here.
Sumshine 07:43 PM 01-31-2017
Originally Posted by Indoorvoice:
Im pretty sure my daughter and I got pink eye from one of the daycare kids. It popped up this evening after they left. Do I need to close for this tomorrow? The only problem is I can't get to the doctor with dcks here.
Does your health insurance cover E-Visits? They diagnose pink eye and are inexpensive. Or else an urgent care for right now? I would personally probably just close but if I felt like I could and wanted to swing it I'd inform all parents it's present and if they choose to bring DCKs then that's up to them but if their DCK'S contract it they have to go home and be excluded until 24 hours on meds and any puss/disharge is no longer present!

My son just got pink eye this sat. I texted all parents to inform them to keep an eye out on their Littles and to let me know if they get it and to get DR'S note showing they are being treated and that they can't come to daycare until 24 hours and puss/discharge is gone like I stated above. I also sent home on Monday a little letter stating someone had it and it had info about pink eye, and my sickness policy reminder!
MarinaVanessa 09:32 PM 01-31-2017
Can you try calling your doctor and just asking for a prescription? I just got over pink eye a week ago and Inwas able to call my doctor and he prescribed the drops over the phone. Maybe try that?

I still closed the next day and cleaned my toys and surfaces just to make sure that I didn't get anyone else sick and it takes about 24 hours of taking the drops before you're not contagious anymore.
DaveA 04:12 AM 02-01-2017
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
Can you try calling your doctor and just asking for a prescription? I just got over pink eye a week ago and Inwas able to call my doctor and he prescribed the drops over the phone. Maybe try that?

I still closed the next day and cleaned my toys and surfaces just to make sure that I didn't get anyone else sick and it takes about 24 hours of taking the drops before you're not contagious anymore.

This. Although I haven't had it for a year (Knock on wood) I get it really easy. I always close the next day to clean up and let the drops start working. If your doctor won't call in a script from a phone call and can't see you any prompt/ express care clinic would be your best bet.
Tags:pink eye, sick provider
Reply Up