Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Northern, Central and Bay Area California Providers....Meet Up?
Crystal 07:59 AM 10-08-2012
Soooo.......for all of you Northern, Central and Bay area California providers....if I planned a meet-up, who would come? I would love to meet IRL and get to know each other. We could even make it a day to earn professional growth hours and use it towards our time space percentage for taxes, as I can plan a mini training session/workshop if you'd like!
daycare 08:00 AM 10-08-2012
Originally Posted by Crystal:
Soooo.......for all of you Northern, Central and Bay area California providers....if I planned a meet-up, who would come? I would love to meet IRL and get to know each other. We could even make it a day to earn professional growth hours and use it towards our time space percentage for taxes, as I can plan a mini training session/workshop if you'd like!
does it include margaritas?? lol

that sounds like fun, but would depend on the day if I could come or not....
Crystal 08:02 AM 10-08-2012
Originally Posted by daycare:
does it include margaritas?? lol

that sounds like fun, but would depend on the day if I could come or not....
GOTTA have margaritas!!!!

Let's see how many people are interested and we can figure out a date/time that can work for everyone!
sharlan 09:12 AM 10-08-2012
If it was somewhere near an airport where I could fly in and stay over night, I might even be willing to go.
mom2many 09:31 AM 10-08-2012
I would love it!
Crystal 11:02 AM 10-08-2012
Originally Posted by sharlan:
If it was somewhere near an airport where I could fly in and stay over night, I might even be willing to go.
Well, if it is in Sacramento, the Sac Metro Airport is easy access. If it is in the Bay Area, there are plenty of places near the airport
daycare 01:29 PM 10-08-2012
crystal are you in the sac area???
Crystal 01:48 PM 10-08-2012
Originally Posted by daycare:
crystal are you in the sac area???
Yep. Sacramento.
mom2many 01:58 PM 10-08-2012
I'm in San Jose, but would be willing to travel!
familyschoolcare 03:44 PM 10-08-2012
I am interested just depends when it is what my teenagers are doing that day and if my husband is in town or not.
busymomof2 05:10 PM 10-08-2012
I am from Fresno. Not too far from Scaramento. I would go as long it is not too far for me to drive. Gas is outrageous right now. Would love to meet some of you.
MyAngels 07:44 PM 10-08-2012
Just remember - unless it's time spent for business in your home it can't be counted toward your T/S% .

Sounds like fun, though
Blackcat31 06:59 AM 10-09-2012
Darn, if you could just wait until the end of April ('13) I will be in that area!
Crystal 07:36 AM 10-09-2012
WooHoo! Sounds like we might have a good turnout!

I will put up a poll later so we can decide a date and a location.
Crystal 07:37 AM 10-09-2012
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Darn, if you could just wait until the end of April ('13) I will be in that area!

Hey, no one said we can't do it again! And, if that doesn't work out, I would LOVE to meet you and have you over!
Crystal 07:39 AM 10-09-2012
Originally Posted by MyAngels:
Just remember - unless it's time spent for business in your home it can't be counted toward your T/S% .

Sounds like fun, though
If it is time spent for business anywhere it can be counted.......if we are taking training for our business, we can count it.

I conduct training for the california early childhood mentor program and if I plan a training we can count it!
Blackcat31 08:26 AM 10-09-2012
Hey, no one said we can't do it again! And, if that doesn't work out, I would LOVE to meet you and have you over!
When it gets closer to our travel date, I will touch base with you and we can surely plan a time and place! I would also love to meet IRL!!
My3cents 10:45 AM 10-09-2012
Any chance this could be on the web for those of that can't travel, but would be interested?
MyAngels 11:25 AM 10-09-2012
If it is time spent for business anywhere it can be counted.......if we are taking training for our business, we can count it.

I conduct training for the california early childhood mentor program and if I plan a training we can count it!
Sorry, but you're wrong on this one. It cannot be counted hours used to calculate your T/S% - unless of course both the IRS and Tom Copeland are wrong .

http://www.tomcopelandblog.com/can-y...l-child-c.html

From the IRS website: The time percentage is the total number of hours the facility was used for the child care business during the year (the numerator) divided by the total hours in the year (8,760 hours). The provider should record how the total hours the facility was used, was computed.

http://www.irs.gov/Businesses/Small-...meintroduction
Michael 11:51 AM 10-09-2012
Originally Posted by My3cents:
Any chance this could be on the web for those of that can't travel, but would be interested?
Maybe someone can set up a laptop and Skype it.
Crystal 12:48 PM 10-09-2012
Originally Posted by MyAngels:
Sorry, but you're wrong on this one. It cannot be counted hours used to calculate your T/S% - unless of course both the IRS and Tom Copeland are wrong .

http://www.tomcopelandblog.com/can-y...l-child-c.html

From the IRS website: The time percentage is the total number of hours the facility was used for the child care business during the year (the numerator) divided by the total hours in the year (8,760 hours). The provider should record how the total hours the facility was used, was computed.

http://www.irs.gov/Businesses/Small-...meintroduction
Duh....you're right. Not sure why I was thinking that. I guess it's from counting the hours that I plan and prepare for workshops that I count and I mixed it up. My bad.

And, thanks for the clarification and links
Crystal 12:48 PM 10-09-2012
Originally Posted by My3cents:
I'm sure we could figure something out!
Country Kids 01:50 PM 10-09-2012
If you do a training though, the girls can count all their mileage and expenses to go to it.
Crystal 02:03 PM 10-09-2012
Originally Posted by Country Kids:
If you do a training though, the girls can count all their mileage and expenses to go to it.
Yup! Good point!
daycare 02:04 PM 10-09-2012
why do you think that I always select the training's for my zoo phonics and other classes that are held in the beach areas of so cali????

GOtta love it!!!!!!
Crystal 02:08 PM 10-09-2012
I posted a poll here - https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52576

so we can figure out a good time to meet. If you are planning to come, please be sure to vote in the poll!
Tags:california, forum members, meet up
Reply Up