Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Daycare Menus, Breakfast, Lunch and Snack Ideas

Daycare Menus, Breakfast, Lunch and Snack Ideas Post breakfast items, lunch items, and snack items that are all child friendly here. Each posting should include ONLY ONE meal option. The SUBJECT of each message should be ONLY the name of the food you are describing.

Old 12-09-2011, 03:11 PM
Daycare.com Member

Default Veggies for Breakfast

I would love to serve veggies for breakfast but I don't have very many ideas as to how to do this. I have done sauteed broccoli and mushrooms with eggs, mixed pureed sweet potato in pancake batter, and done zucchini bread but my ideas end there. anyone have any good ideas as to how to incorporate veggies into breakfast?
Old 12-09-2011, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMama View Post
I would love to serve veggies for breakfast but I don't have very many ideas as to how to do this. I have done sauteed broccoli and mushrooms with eggs, mixed pureed sweet potato in pancake batter, and done zucchini bread but my ideas end there. anyone have any good ideas as to how to incorporate veggies into breakfast?
Well my DH inexplicably served the kids cucumber slices with their blueberry muffins this morning

They apparently were okay with this though because they ate them...
Old 12-09-2011, 05:47 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

You don't have to go fancy - kids usually like pepper slices and such. Loose the sautee pan - they'll eat them raw!

My youngest rarely eats breakfast foods - so he gets leftovers, whatever in the AM so long as he eats I'm happy. He'd rather eat breakfast fare for supper.
Old 12-31-2011, 09:35 AM
Unregistered

Something I've also thought about. We are required to serve fruit. This gets pretty booorrriiinnggg. I'd love to be able to veg it up a little! :P
Old 01-11-2012, 01:45 PM
Unregistered

If you make breakfast casseroles you can stick all kinds of veggies in it, bell peppers, mushrooms, onions, squash, potatoes, anything really. You can add breakfast meat and a crust or just eggs and veggies and cook in in a baking dish in the oven.

Tags
breakfast, breakfast - veggies, vegetables