Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>9-Month Old Crying
DCBlessings27 06:20 AM 03-27-2013
This is the third day with a new dcb. He was home all last week on spring break with his dad. The 9-month old dcb will not stop crying unless being held or pushed on a ride-on toy. If he does calm down, the crying starts again if I leave the room. I have a 3-month old and 3 other kids too. I can't hold the 9-month old constantly especially since he's a heavy kid. Any suggestions to help get dcb to stop crying or do I just need to be patient?
bunnyslippers 06:21 AM 03-27-2013
I think patience is the key. It is so hard, but sometimes, they just have to figure it out! You can't hold him all day. Sounds like he needs some re-training.

Good luck, there is nothing more stressful than a crying new little one!
DCBlessings27 06:24 AM 03-27-2013
Oh, he does have a bad double ear infection and is on antibiotics. He should be almost done with those, but the parents missed a couple doses.
Heidi 07:40 AM 03-27-2013
Originally Posted by DCBlessings27:
Oh, he does have a bad double ear infection and is on antibiotics. He should be almost done with those, but the parents missed a couple doses.
Then he is still too sick to participate in daycare! Perhaps those antibiotics didn't work?

I would call his parents and say that he is miserable, and they need to take him back for a re-check. Poor guy...
mema 07:40 AM 03-27-2013
Patience for as long as you can. Since he his new, he probably just needs to adjust. Give him a few weeks and hopefully he'll figure out that he can be happy without being held!

I have one that has been a crier thru stages. He goes 2 months without much crying-just when tired, and then he'll go 2 months were that's all he does is cry. Hoping when he hits a year or a bit older that it all stops. If he wouldn't have breaks in between, I don't know that I would keep him. It can be just too much for everyone when they cry all the time.
Reply Up