Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 09-01-2015, 01:21 PM
Daycare.com Member

Default Daycare Closing

The search function doesn't work on my phone. Can someone post a link to closing threads? Specifically looking at what I need to do in terms of taxes and items being depreciated, etc. Also wondering if it's better to close end of the year (December) or the end of my school year (may) or if it matters at all.

Dh and I have been talking about an exit strategy for closing the daycare. Just gathering info at the moment. No real plans have been made yet.

Thanks for the help.
Old 09-01-2015, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterfly View Post
The search function doesn't work on my phone. Can someone post a link to closing threads? Specifically looking at what I need to do in terms of taxes and items being depreciated, etc. Also wondering if it's better to close end of the year (December) or the end of my school year (may) or if it matters at all.

Dh and I have been talking about an exit strategy for closing the daycare. Just gathering info at the moment. No real plans have been made yet.

Thanks for the help.
Here are a few..

https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.p...ycare+-+how+to

If they aren't what you are looking for, let me know.
Old 09-01-2015, 02:42 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcat31 View Post
Here are a few..

https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.p...ycare+-+how+to

If they aren't what you are looking for, let me know.
Thank you, BC. Those were helpful but not exactly what I was looking for. I thought Tom Copeland had a blog post about closing procedures in a previous thread. I couldn't find it in the threads or on his website... I could have been dreaming.

Thank you.
Old 09-01-2015, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterfly View Post
Thank you, BC. Those were helpful but not exactly what I was looking for. I thought Tom Copeland had a blog post about closing procedures in a previous thread. I couldn't find it in the threads or on his website... I could have been dreaming.

Thank you.
You could always start a new thread in the tax area since he frequently visits that section. Ask what steps you need to take and we'll make sure to add the proper tags so its searchable later by anyone who needs it.
Old 09-02-2015, 07:12 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcat31 View Post
You could always start a new thread in the tax area since he frequently visits that section. Ask what steps you need to take and we'll make sure to add the proper tags so its searchable later by anyone who needs it.
Thanks so much for the help, BC. You are the best!!

I finally found the info I was looking for: http://tomcopelandblog.com/going-out...ist-tax-issues

Tags
closing daycare, closing daycare - how to