Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Repairing Play Yard / PNP
284878 10:26 AM 05-03-2018
I have a dcg that has torn a hole in the mesh netting of my PNP. All my PNP are in use and have not been able to find a good used on locally.

Is there any way to repair the mesh that would be approved by licensing?

If I can not fix it, I will look into just purchasing a new one, however, I do not want to pay for all the perks (bassinet, changing pad, etc), I just want a basic pnp that is dc approved but I can not seem to find one.
rosieteddy 10:37 AM 05-03-2018
I have in the past used dental floss to sew the pack and play.Not sure it would be approved.It did work.I think you can buy the basic pack and play for under 50.00 dollars in Walmart or on amazon.You could repair the one and just use it for playing.
Ac114 10:57 AM 05-03-2018
We bought a basic one from Walmart for 48.00 a few months ago. We already had one with all the additions and I wanted another one so we didn’t have to tear it down to bring it up and down the stairs.
Blackcat31 12:40 PM 05-03-2018
We are never allowed to use a PNP that isn't in good original condition. Repairs automatically render it useless here.

For that reason, I just ditched the PNP and bought a foldable mini-crib. Easy to store and really can't be ruined to the point of not being able to use it.

I wish you lived closer....I am currently placing 3 PNP's (old school type too...deep and sturdy) out on my curb for free to who ever wants to stop and grab one (or all).
ColorfulSunburst 06:18 PM 05-03-2018
https://www.amazon.com/Graco-Pack-Pl...=pack+and+play
storybookending 07:27 PM 05-03-2018
Originally Posted by 284878:

If I can not fix it, I will look into just purchasing a new one, however, I do not want to pay for all the perks (bassinet, changing pad, etc), I just want a basic pnp that is dc approved but I can not seem to find one.
Do you have any local “for sale” groups on Facebook? I have found all of the pack n plays used in my care on those types of sites and have never paid more than $25 for one. I find they are typically in great condition as a lot of families only use them a handful of times.
hottie8962 07:40 PM 05-03-2018
Walmart online has some for $ 34
284878 08:01 PM 05-03-2018
Originally Posted by storybookending:
Do you have any local “for sale” groups on Facebook? I have found all of the pack n plays used in my care on those types of sites and have never paid more than $25 for one. I find they are typically in great condition as a lot of families only use them a handful of times.
I have been checking local sale sites. I found one for twenty, drove an hour to get. She told me it was in excellent condition, it had rips in the padding, fifthy and stunk like moth balls storage.
Normally local sale sites is were I find them, that is where I got this one. Currently just not having any luck.
284878 08:16 PM 05-03-2018
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
We are never allowed to use a PNP that isn't in good original condition. Repairs automatically render it useless here.

For that reason, I just ditched the PNP and bought a foldable mini-crib. Easy to store and really can't be ruined to the point of not being able to use it.

I wish you lived closer....I am currently placing 3 PNP's (old school type too...deep and sturdy) out on my curb for free to who ever wants to stop and grab one (or all).
I was wondering if I would be allowed to repair or have to replace. The dcg that is using it will be leaving soon and she has not tried to make the hole bigger. I will plan to get rid of it after she is gone.

I looked at those cribs, I just don't have the storage for 3 of them compared to the space a pnp takes up when not in use. Although if I did have the space, I would definitely replace my pnp with the cribs.

Although I wouldn't mind visiting your location, I will have to pass on the free pnp. Thanks for thinking of me.
Meeko 12:53 PM 05-04-2018
I gave up on pnp's and did like BC and got portable cribs. very glad I did. They store well and are are much sturdier.
happymom 01:04 PM 05-04-2018
Originally Posted by Meeko:
I gave up on pnp's and did like BC and got portable cribs. very glad I did. They store well and are are much sturdier.
From a parents perspective they are a lot more professional - too. I remember touring a daycare that had wood cribs for all the babies and thinking WOW, I WANT MY KID TO GO HERE!
hwichlaz 02:01 PM 05-04-2018
I’ve yet to find a wooden porta crib that doesn’t wobble. The very nature of being foldable makes them less sturdy. My own son, folded his up on himself at 9 months old. :P. He pushed up the lever at the end, and wiggled it a little, then the bottom fell out because it wasn’t perfectly square anymore.
Luvnmykidz 09:35 AM 05-05-2018

Can you post a picture of what your foldable mini-crib looks like open and folded?
Blackcat31 06:54 AM 05-06-2018
Originally Posted by Luvnmykidz:
Can you post a picture of what your foldable mini-crib looks like open and folded?
Mine is folded and stored as I do not have any infants in care ( lol!) but I have the Dream on me mini foldable crib. I paid $90ish for it. I have white

Here is stock picture from Amazon
Attached: D8E7CAD0-87F4-49BB-8774-5F9AA45032E8.jpeg (194.0 KB) 
hwichlaz 02:51 PM 05-07-2018
Mine is folded and stored as I do not have any infants in care ( lol!) but I have the Dream on me mini foldable crib. I paid $90ish for it. I have white

Here is stock picture from Amazon
Does it wobble more than a crib that doesn’t fold? I have a mini crib, but it’s not foldable. And I love how sturdy and tight it feels.
Blackcat31 03:06 PM 05-07-2018
Originally Posted by hwichlaz:
Does it wobble more than a crib that doesn’t fold? I have a mini crib, but it’s not foldable. And I love how sturdy and tight it feels.
No, actually it's very sturdy.
Wobbling was my first concern and I have to say I am pretty impressed with the quality of this crib.
hwichlaz 11:50 AM 05-08-2018
No, actually it's very sturdy.
Wobbling was my first concern and I have to say I am pretty impressed with the quality of this crib.
Thank you, I’ll check them out then. I have one PNP left, and I’ll retire it when the child in it outgrows. So then I’ll need to replace it with something when a new baby starts.
Tags:play yard
Reply Up