Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I Screwed Up
CountryRoads 09:22 AM 11-03-2019
So, I sent out a notice that I was closed on Veteran's Day, and I must've got it confused with Memorial Day. Because my handbook does not state that I'm closed that day

Most of my families don't have to work that day. Would you send out an "oops!" message and say I'm open? Or since I already sent it, should I say I'm open, but offer for the families not to pay that day if they don't need care that day?
CountryRoads 09:31 AM 11-03-2019
Originally Posted by CountryRoads:
So, I sent out a notice that I was closed on Veteran's Day, and I must've got it confused with Memorial Day. Because my handbook does not state that I'm closed that day

Most of my families don't have to work that day. Would you send out an "oops!" message and say I'm open? Or since I already sent it, should I say I'm open, but offer for the families not to pay that day if they don't need care that day?
I ended up just sending a message that I made an error and daycare will be open that day. Luckily I just sent out the closure notice Friday, so I'm assuming parents were expecting to pay for that day anyway. Glad I caught it quickly!
e.j. 10:00 AM 11-03-2019
Since you've already resolved the problem, I won't offer advice but I will offer some empathy. I know I'd be disappointed to think I had a day off coming up only to realize I didn't! lol I'm going to cross my fingers for you and hope that the parents who don't have to work will keep their kids home with them for the day and give you a bit of a break - with pay!
CountryRoads 10:27 AM 11-03-2019
Originally Posted by e.j.:
Since you've already resolved the problem, I won't offer advice but I will offer some empathy. I know I'd be disappointed to think I had a day off coming up only to realize I didn't! lol I'm going to cross my fingers for you and hope that the parents who don't have to work will keep their kids home with them for the day and give you a bit of a break - with pay!
Thank you!

I am a little disappointed, but at least there is some holiday breaks coming up!
e.j. 07:59 PM 11-03-2019
That's true. Thanksgiving will be here before we know it and Christmas won't be far behind!
Tags:holidays - off, memorial day, veterans day
Reply Up