Daycare.com Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 08-28-2013, 07:00 PM
Daycare.com Member

Default Kind Of Happy About This One

A no call, no show interview tonight.
Got a call from her last week. I called her back the same day. She just called me yesterday wanting more information. Well, this is how it went

DCM: I work really long days so she (her dd) would need to be there for 10 hours a day

Me: That's not a problem. 10 hours per day is my limit. What times would you need?

DCM: Well, depending on where you live it would be about 6 or 6:15.........

Me: (waiting for more)..........

DCM: Yeah, 6 or 6:15 I would drop her off

Me: Ok, well I open at 6:30 but I may be able to work that out. What time would pick up be?

DCM: Oh.....about 5:30, 5:45.

Me: (thinking "didn't you say 10 hours?") Well, that's about 11 and a half hours. That would be overtime

DCM: OH! (sounding surprised) It is???

So we talked a little, quoted her a rate, set up an interview for tonight at 6. Then right when we're getting off the phone she says, "OK, see you tomorrow around 6 or 6:30 ish"
Wait....what?! I was ready to call her right back and cancel.

So glad she didn't show.
Old 08-28-2013, 07:04 PM
Daycare.com Member

Sometimes it works for the best!!
Old 08-28-2013, 08:25 PM
Daycare.com Member

Um, so is she going to show up to drop off her kid at 6:30 in the morning? That is what I heard.
Old 08-28-2013, 08:28 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelsj View Post
Um, so is she going to show up to drop off her kid at 6:30 in the morning? That is what I heard.
That's what I was thinking too.

Good luck with that!
Old 08-28-2013, 09:24 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
My thoughts exactly!!!
Old 08-29-2013, 06:10 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
I didn't think of it that way. Well, it is 7:09 and she's not here so I think I'm good

Tags
interview, interview - cancelled, no show