Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Would You Change Payment Day?
jenboo 04:08 PM 11-30-2013
Currently, all my families pay tuition on fridays at 6pm.
After two months and a few late payments (i only charged a late fee for one) one family is saying that they have a hard time paying on fridays because checks do not clear until friday night and they want to pay on saturday. They pay electronically so it doesn't inconvenience me in that aspect.
They claimed they didn't know that payments were due fridays. It is stated in my handbook and i had mentioned it to them plenty of times. They paid on time successfully until about 3 weeks ago when I started letting them pay electronically. They are claiming that they don't have the money to pay on friday...although I am pretty sure they eat out a lot during the week.
wwyd?? Would you allow them to pay saturday or no? Money is tight for me right now so i am running on fumes until my dcp pay me..
LaLa1923 04:13 PM 11-30-2013
Originally Posted by jenboo:
After two months and a few late payments (i only charged a late fee for one) one family is saying that they have a hard time paying on fridays because checks do not clear until friday night and they want to pay on saturday. They pay electronically so it doesn't inconvenience me in that aspect.
They claimed they didn't know that payments were due fridays. It is stated in my handbook and i had mentioned it to them plenty of times. They paid on time successfully until about 3 weeks ago when I started letting them pay electronically. They are claiming that they don't have the money to pay on friday...although I am pretty sure they eat out a lot during the week.
wwyd?? Would you allow them to pay saturday or no? Money is tight for me right now so i am running on fumes until my dcp pay me..
It really is up to you. IMO direct deposit is credited Thursday night - Friday morning. If they are paper checks they can cash them and then deposit them. If they deposit a paper check it is usually credited the next day. Sometimes it can vary depending on the bank.
Cradle2crayons 04:26 PM 11-30-2013
Absolutely not. It's their responsibility. Not yours. I wouldn't change it at all. Let them figure it out.
itlw8 04:45 PM 11-30-2013
sure tell them while you can not let them pay late on Saturday they may pay early on Saturday. Most banks do not pay electronically on Saturday so it would be Monday before it was in your account.. BUT they may pay as usual on Friday and then set up their payment for the next week starting the next day . So two days in a row they make a payment... Then they have the day you want but it is early not late.
Unregistered 05:12 PM 11-30-2013
Oh yeah, I changed it allright, to Thursdays am!! Cash only, no Saturdays, which then becomes Sunday and then Monday, that way they have between Thursday and Friday to figure it out, late payment applys by Thursday pick up $20.00 and then $10- daily bu Monday its a 60- late fee!!!!
Lucy 06:03 PM 11-30-2013
I wouldn't have a problem changing it. But I tend to be more easy going than most.
melilley 06:18 PM 11-30-2013
I have some families that pay me on Fridays and some on Mondays. I have a separate contract for each because 2 of my families couldn't pay on Friday, but I don't mind and I am able to do so because my dh gets paid and we are financially fine. But, if you need the money by a certain day because like you said, you are running on fumes, then I definitely would not let them pay late or pay late with a late fee.
renodeb 01:41 PM 12-03-2013
To be honest I wouldnt let them pay on saturdays. Wouldn't payment be considered late then? When do the dcp's get paid? If they are eating out a lot then that is where there money is going. Shouldn't they pay you before going out to eat? My clients pay me each friday for the coming week or the child's last day of attendance for the week and it works great. I would find out when they get paid and go form there or go to a cash only system.
Blackcat31 01:44 PM 12-03-2013
Originally Posted by renodeb:
To be honest I wouldnt let them pay on saturdays. Wouldn't payment be considered late then? When do the dcp's get paid? If they are eating out a lot then that is where there money is going. Shouldn't they pay you before going out to eat? My clients pay me each friday for the coming week or the child's last day of attendance for the week and it works great. I would find out when they get paid and go form there or go to a cash only system.
I agree. I have parents that pay weekly, bi-weekly and monthly but ALL payments are due on Friday at pick up (or last day of attendance for the week).

I know a majority of my DCP's don't get paid until Friday but I do all banking on Saturday mornings so it works for me.

I've never had a parents check be returned because of my due dates differing with their pay days.
jenboo 03:24 PM 12-03-2013
I gave her two options:
either paypal on friday because even though it takes it out of her account immediately, it takes about 4 days to get to my back account.
Or a check on friday that I would deposit saturday morning instead of immediately. (i deposit checks with my chase app by taking pictures of them).
She agreed to do the checks on friday. Problem solved

Oh and payment is for the following weeks care (paid in advance) if that makes a difference.
Tags:payment - due date
Reply Up