Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Part-time
Core12 08:18 AM 01-09-2018
I’m trying to find out how part-time children are calculated in the numbers. Does anyone have any insight? For example: if I watch a child for only 3 days a week and another for only 1 day, does that count as 1 child?
Blackcat31 08:26 AM 01-09-2018
Do you mean as far as ratios go?

For example I am licensed for 12 children.
I have 12 SPACES or SLOTS per day.

However, I have 16 children on my enrollment roster.
Some only attend 2-3 days a week.

As long as I never have more than 12 children in attendance I am legally within my licensing ratios.

So yes, in your scenario above you can have Billy attend 3 days a week (let's say M,W,F) and have Sally attend 2 days a week (Tues/Thurs) and be fine.
Both Sally and Billy share that ONE SLOT but are two different children.

Hope that makes sense and that it is what you were asking... lol!
amberrose3dg 08:38 AM 01-09-2018
Originally Posted by Core12:
I’m trying to find out how part-time children are calculated in the numbers. Does anyone have any insight? For example: if I watch a child for only 3 days a week and another for only 1 day, does that count as 1 child?
In my state it is actually the numbers that are in care. I am licensed for 12. I can have more than 12 children enrolled they just can't attend all at the same time. As long as you never have more than you are licensed for at any given time.
Ariana 11:13 AM 01-09-2018
As long as you only have the number of children you are allowed each day you can have as many kids as you want/need to fill spaces.
e.j. 11:18 AM 01-09-2018
In my state, it works the same way. As long as I don't go over ratio for the day, I can have as many kids enrolled as I want.
CityGarden 12:33 PM 01-09-2018
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Do you mean as far as ratios go?

For example I am licensed for 12 children.
I have 12 SPACES or SLOTS per day.

However, I have 16 children on my enrollment roster.
Some only attend 2-3 days a week.

As long as I never have more than 12 children in attendance I am legally within my licensing ratios.

So yes, in your scenario above you can have Billy attend 3 days a week (let's say M,W,F) and have Sally attend 2 days a week (Tues/Thurs) and be fine.
Both Sally and Billy share that ONE SLOT but are two different children.

Hope that makes sense and that it is what you were asking... lol!
Yes!!! The bold is how my program enrollment works (they can enroll in both groups for a M-F program)

As a provide that only offers PT care I would caution against you offering care for a child one day per week, I would suggest a minimum of two days per week.
Tags:part time care
Reply Up