Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I Love My Husband BUT....
Tdhmom 08:09 AM 05-02-2014
He leaves EVERY light on after he leaves a room. Every morning our bedroom light AND closet are on when I go up to get the kids clothes for the day.

He leaves his crap laying everywhere and then complains about the "clutter" on our Buffett/craft cupboard.

My list is endless but I'll leave it with those 2 because those are the ones that upset me just this morning

He's driving me bonkers this week and thought it would be fun to hear everyone's pet peeves of their significant other...
Blackcat31 08:16 AM 05-02-2014
The ONLY pet peeve I have about my DH is that he is sometimes suffocating.

It really has nothing to do with me or him personally....more because of our jobs

He works alone all day and craves interaction with humans.

I work with littles/parents all day and crave the quiet.

I look forward to going home so I can have some alone time.

He looks forward to me coming home so he can have some human interaction.

See how that can kind of be a slippery slope?

Good thing we can communicate openly about it.
Tdhmom 08:19 AM 05-02-2014
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:

It really has nothing to do with me or him personally....more because of our jobs

I hide at night for this same reason! I act like I'm still putting kids to bed so I can sit in my bed and read or play on my phone for 45 min just because it's quiet! And usually end up falling asleep.
GKJNIGMN 08:41 AM 05-02-2014
I would like to thank you ladies for explaining this phenomenon lol I was starting to think maybe there was something wrong with me.

My fiance comes home from work and will sit directly next to me on the loveseat when we have a couch just feet away and all I want is space. I want nobody asking to taste food off my plate or constantly hanging on me.

My one other pet peeve is that he takes a really long time to say what he is thinking. Just like the kids, I find myself hurrying him to the point lol
jenboo 08:41 AM 05-02-2014
Originally Posted by Tdhmom:
He leaves EVERY light on after he leaves a room. Every morning our bedroom light AND closet are on when I go up to get the kids clothes for the day.

He leaves his crap laying everywhere and then complains about the "clutter" on our Buffett/craft cupboard.

My list is endless but I'll leave it with those 2 because those are the ones that upset me just this morning

He's driving me bonkers this week and thought it would be fun to hear everyone's pet peeves of their significant other...
I can tell exactly what he has been doing based on the light trail he leave behind.
...he empties the trash but doesn't put a new bag back in
...he calls the daycare my "project". Drives me nuts. its not a project, its a career!
...he doesn't spray after he poops...i would rather smell floral poop than straight poop. He also is the first one to mention the spray is out...im not sure what he is using it on...
Tdhmom 08:47 AM 05-02-2014
Originally Posted by jenboo:
I can tell exactly what he has been doing based on the light trail he leave behind.
...he calls the daycare my "project". Drives me nuts. its not a project, its a career!
...he doesn't spray after he poops...i would rather smell floral poop than straight poop. He also is the first one to mention the spray is out...im not sure what he is using it on...
The last one made me laugh so hard!!! That's hilarious!!!!
daycarediva 08:56 AM 05-02-2014
I adore my husband but he will come home from a service call, get the kids wound up, smile sheepishly at me once he realized what he has done and then retreat to our living room.
hope 08:58 AM 05-02-2014
My DH leaves open water bottles all over the house. He opens one, takes a sip, puts it down with the cap off and walks away. Next times he is thirsty he grabs a new bottle and does the same thing. I end up with bottles all over that no one wants and one of my kids usually spills. I started writing his initials on the cap after her puts one down but it did no good. He still opts for a new bottle.

He comes home right in the middle of my pick ups and wants to tell me every detail about his day. I am interested but would rather talk when all the dcks are gone and our kids r in bed for the night.

He doesn't like to eat out. He tells me that he prefers my cooking which is very sweet but I really think he is secretly being cheap. After cleaning, laundry, daycare, our kids, homework and such.....I would just like to go out and have someone do for me.
jenboo 09:12 AM 05-02-2014
Originally Posted by GKJNIGMN:
I would like to thank you ladies for explaining this phenomenon lol I was starting to think maybe there was something wrong with me.

My fiance comes home from work and will sit directly next to me on the loveseat when we have a couch just feet away and all I want is space. I want nobody asking to taste food off my plate or constantly hanging on me.

My one other pet peeve is that he takes a really long time to say what he is thinking. Just like the kids, I find myself hurrying him to the point lol

Anyone want to trade husbands??!! All i want to do after the last kid leaves is cuddle and talk talk talk. My husband just wants to be left alone
KiddieCahoots 09:14 AM 05-02-2014
Same here with the attention. He wants more, I want alone time.

He will get into our tiny kitchen space, to either talk, or get himself something to eat, whenever I'm trying to get the day care children their meals or snacks.

When I'm busy, he will sometimes act like a child to get my attention in a negative fashion, if the positive fails him.

He is old fashioned and rather than treat day care as a job, will treat it as "the little woman staying home".
childcaremom 09:40 AM 05-02-2014
My biggest pet peeve is that he leaves the toilet seat up. Always.

And takes his shoes off in the middle of the doorway and won't move them behind the door. Our son inherited this same trait... their shoes are always in identical spots in the same position. It's really quite uncanny.

Other than that, my hubby is awesome. He'll even sit and listen to my daycare woes at the end of the day. Even bring me a tea before I start
Naptime yet? 09:46 AM 05-02-2014
Does anyone else's dh leave their used napkins/paper towels on the counter instead of walking the 2 steps to the garbage can? I still can't figure this one out (except his mother does the same darn thing).
Luna 10:12 AM 05-02-2014
Originally Posted by Naptime yet?:
Does anyone else's dh leave their used napkins/paper towels on the counter instead of walking the 2 steps to the garbage can? I still can't figure this one out (except his mother does the same darn thing).
Well mine at least tosses things in the direction of the garbage can. It doesn't matter because it's probably full anyway.
Somehow his shoes are always in my way.
He's more of a picky eater than any daycare child I've ever had.
Crumbs on the counter.
Never puts anything away in the same place twice.
On the plus side, he wakes me up before he leaves in the morning and we make the bed together. Then he makes me a cup of tea before he goes.
And he only poops in the upstairs bathroom, and so does my adult son. Once when we had family here for dinner, I was in the main floor bathroom brushing my teeth. My son hollered, "Mom! You've been in there a while! Are you 'twoing' in the 'one'?"
Heidi 10:35 AM 05-02-2014
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:

After our little talk last year, I was thinking we really should trade husbands. Do you like 'em big and a bit hairy?
Heidi 10:38 AM 05-02-2014

Heidi 10:39 AM 05-02-2014
Anyone want to trade husbands??!! All i want to do after the last kid leaves is cuddle and talk talk talk. My husband just wants to be left alone

Mine is in sales, but he's an introvert. Go figure!
Tdhmom 10:43 AM 05-02-2014
These are cracking me up!!! Thank you ladies for humoring me on my gloomy down in the dumps day
melilley 11:02 AM 05-02-2014
My husband:
Does the outside work ie: mowing the yard and trimming once a week, snow blows when needed, and puts whatever he puts on the lawn 3 X's a year and thinks that that is equal to me cleaning the house everyday, cleaning the bathrooms, sweeping, mopping, laundry etc...

Leaves stuff out all the time, I have to go behind him so the dc kids won't get into whatever he leaves out

Leaves his dirty laundry in our room in a huge heaping pile. We have a laundry shoot in the bathroom, right next to our room!

Is loud when he gets home, often times during nap

Complains how loud the dc kids can be, he was all for me opening my fcc

Is a bug a boo when I go out with others, calls too much

Mine does the same with not spraying after pooing and will only use the full bathroom to do it

Also doesn't like to go out to eat either...that's my fav thing to do!
taylorw1210 11:07 AM 05-02-2014
Thanks for the laugh during nap time, ladies!

The only thing I can really complain about is that mine always empties and washes cups that the kids are still using. And then a kid goes looking for their cup on the table/counter and it is already gone.
Annalee 11:40 AM 05-02-2014
I hide at night for this same reason! I act like I'm still putting kids to bed so I can sit in my bed and read or play on my phone for 45 min just because it's quiet! And usually end up falling asleep.
This is me and if I have not actually fallen asleep, I ACT like I am asleep just so I can quietly lay there ALONE.
KatieG 11:52 AM 05-02-2014
I just found daycare.com today - I've been a child care provider for 11 years. Came across this thread & you all are cracking me up! My hubby of 24 years is driving be absolutely batty! He normally travels a lot for his job, but he had to have surgery and he's been home since before Christmas! I am so used to my routine here, and since he's home, he feels the need to "help" me with the kids!

Tdhmom 12:07 PM 05-02-2014
Originally Posted by KatieG:
I just found daycare.com today - I've been a child care provider for 11 years. Came across this thread & you all are cracking me up! My hubby of 24 years is driving be absolutely batty! He normally travels a lot for his job, but he had to have surgery and he's been home since before Christmas! I am so used to my routine here, and since he's home, he feels the need to "help" me with the kids!
You will love this sight!! I check it every day I'm working to keep my sanity glad you found it!!
butterfly 12:19 PM 05-02-2014
My biggest pet peeve about my dh:

He's too damn sweet and sexy.

I love him so much. He's an amazing dad and husband. No, I'm not a newlywed, but it feels like it most days. Praise God!
Naptime yet? 12:25 PM 05-02-2014
Originally Posted by melilley:
My husband:
Does the outside work ie: mowing the yard and trimming once a week, snow blows when needed, and puts whatever he puts on the lawn 3 X's a year and thinks that that is equal to me cleaning the house everyday, cleaning the bathrooms, sweeping, mopping, laundry etc...

Yes! Except I do the snow shoveling & clean up the dog poop! And I believe that I'm the only person in my house who knows how to use a toilet brush (except for the dcks ).
KiddieCahoots 12:33 PM 05-02-2014
Welcome!!!! When I first discovered this forum, someone had mentioned that it can become quite addictive. They weren't kidding!
But totally worth it! So uplifting to find your peeps!
Blackcat31 12:44 PM 05-02-2014
Welcome to the forum!

Glad you found us~
racemom 12:54 PM 05-02-2014
Originally Posted by melilley:
My husband:

Leaves stuff out all the time, I have to go behind him so the dc kids won't get into whatever he leaves out

Leaves his dirty laundry in our room in a huge heaping pile. We have a laundry shoot in the bathroom, right next to our room!

Is loud when he gets home, often times during nap

Complains how loud the dc kids can be, he was all for me opening my fcc

Is a bug a boo when I go out with others, calls too much

Mine does the same with not spraying after pooing and will only use the full bathroom to do it

Also doesn't like to go out to eat either...that's my fav thing to do!
I thought for a minute you stole my husband, then remembered no one would want him. Lol. He really is a nice guy, but seriously these things are not equal!
spinnymarie 02:17 PM 05-02-2014
My husband loves to come home and pass out candy... and then leave again! Argh!
Kabob 02:25 PM 05-02-2014
Mine is similar to the first two only he also tends to not pay attention. This can be frustrating after dealing with dcks that struggle to listen to me all day and then I struggle to get dh to listen...often he runs off to do something before I finish giving him important details or he forgets what he was doing and leaves things half done. The most recent issue was when I asked him to wipe the mud off the dog before letting him inside....dh literally said "uh huh" and immediately let the dog in....which resulted in ALL of the walls upstairs getting coated in mud and ALL of the floors needing to be steam cleaned or mopped...it only took seconds but it took a while to clean both the dog and the house. Urgh.
Tdhmom 03:22 PM 05-02-2014
Originally Posted by spinnymarie:
Omg I would be so upset!!!

I thought a dcd let dcg get a cappuccino yesterday while they were out and about before drop off. She came in with a to go coffee cup and I was ummm did daddy get you a cappuccino?! He starts laughing and so no it's just juice! I said phew good thing otherwise she would have been going to work with daddy today
coolconfidentme 06:14 PM 05-02-2014
I call my hubby Moses.., cause he moseys around. A newborn infant is quicker than him some days. I'm fast forward any given day & he's Moses! (He's the most giving man you will ever meet though.)
MarinaVanessa 06:23 PM 05-02-2014
Mine wants to come home to a clean house. Cleaning a house with preschoolers and infants playing in it is like brushing your teeth with an oreo cookie.

He comes home, looks around, takes a deep breath and then heads straight for the sink full of daycare dishes. I don't like to be bothered when I'm cleaning so I do it when the kids are gone but he'll start doing it as soon as he comes home (without asking) and pulls the "what am I? Your slave?" Routine and I'm like "Buddy, I didn't ask you to do them"
Unregistered 05:28 PM 05-03-2014
My husband is a terrible driver and it's irritating and at times scary to ride with.

My husband has a raggedy, unkempt goatee that is usually half beard. He never shapes it, and today at a family birthday I looked at him and thought he looked like he had a raccoon butt on his face.

He has a heart of gold but sometimes looks like he just crawled out of a cave. Ugh!
Childminder 08:18 PM 05-03-2014
My biggest pet peeve is when DH uses the kitchen and leaves the knives on the counter...GRRRR! I tell him that State is going to come in and cite me but it doesn't sink in.

Another kitchen thing he does that irritates me is when he does the dishes and leaves puddles of water all around the sink counter and cannot wipe off the table or counter tops. I never have said a thing because I am so grateful for his having washed the dishes.
childcaremom 03:35 AM 05-04-2014
Originally Posted by Unregistered:

My husband has a raggedy, unkempt goatee that is usually half beard. He never shapes it, and today at a family birthday I looked at him and thought he looked like he had a raccoon butt on his face.

My husband has gone from a beard (think Duck Dynasty) to the same length but goatee. It is shaped and he primps it but I still think it looks awful.
mythrreemiracles 01:07 PM 05-04-2014
One word. ...LAUNDRY!!!!
HIS definition of doing laundry is starting a huge load of items of ALL sorts...ya know...delicates go with SHOES mixed with towels...kids uniforms, etc....THEN putting them all in the dryer for what seems like hours before i find out when i open the dryer door to everything literally falling out on the floor!!
Errrrr... yes....could always be worse but still...he is on probation from doing laundry.
..f o r e v e r!!!
Tdhmom 09:17 AM 05-05-2014
Originally Posted by coolconfidentme:
I call my hubby Moses.., cause he moseys around. A newborn infant is quicker than him some days. I'm fast forward any given day & he's Moses! (He's the most giving man you will ever meet though.)
Mine is slow too! We are late to EVERYTHING because of him! His excuse..."it's my life and I'm not always going to be in a rush" wwweeeelllllll in my eyes it's just being polite to show up on time and maybe even a few minutes early I always tell he's going to be late to his own funeral
coolconfidentme 09:20 AM 05-05-2014
Mine is slow too! We are late to EVERYTHING because of him! His excuse..."it's my life and I'm not always going to be in a rush" wwweeeelllllll in my eyes it's just being polite to show up on time and maybe even a few minutes early I always tell he's going to be late to his own funeral
Sometimes I tell "Moses" we have to be there at 6 when in fact we don't have to be there until 7.
Chellieleanne 09:46 AM 05-05-2014
Originally Posted by spinnymarie:
My husband does the same thing. He comes home on his lunch break, gives candy or other treats out and riles the kids up before he leaves. Letting me deal with the crazy
TaylorTots 10:51 AM 05-05-2014
My kids did this in the morning - left their room lights on and the bathroom light on. Since it was upstairs I didn't catch it until I laid the infant/toddlers down in pack and plays up there. So, I took out the lightbulbs after saying it 90 thousand times and trying many other things. They had their light-sensing nightlights and the big hall light that I can turn off from downstairs to get dressed by. I realize I am teaching "don't use the light" instead of "turn off the light" but it has made me sane again.

Not sure if your DH would react to you removing lightbulbs
Tdhmom 10:54 AM 05-05-2014
Originally Posted by TaylorTots:
My kids did this in the morning - left their room lights on and the bathroom light on. Since it was upstairs I didn't catch it until I laid the infant/toddlers down in pack and plays up there. So, I took out the lightbulbs after saying it 90 thousand times and trying many other things. They had their light-sensing nightlights and the big hall light that I can turn off from downstairs to get dressed by. I realize I am teaching "don't use the light" instead of "turn off the light" but it has made me sane again.

Not sure if your DH would react to you removing lightbulbs
if it didn't mess with me being able to get ready I would totally do this!!! What a great idea!!!
melilley 11:01 AM 05-05-2014
Originally Posted by mythrreemiracles:
One word. ...LAUNDRY!!!!
HIS definition of doing laundry is starting a huge load of items of ALL sorts...ya know...delicates go with SHOES mixed with towels...kids uniforms, etc....THEN putting them all in the dryer for what seems like hours before i find out when i open the dryer door to everything literally falling out on the floor!!
Errrrr... yes....could always be worse but still...he is on probation from doing laundry.
..f o r e v e r!!!
Mine will stick it in the washer and sometimes in the dryer, but.....he will do a small load and it's mostly his stuff. Half of the time there's a few loads down there. Oh and he leaves his pile of dirty clothes on my bedroom floor and wonders why his work clothes sometimes don't get washed.
melilley 11:02 AM 05-05-2014
Originally Posted by childcaremom:

My husband has gone from a beard (think Duck Dynasty) to the same length but goatee. It is shaped and he primps it but I still think it looks awful.
Mine does the same thing, especially during hockey season! Some guys look great in beards, my dh, not so much..lol
TaylorTots 11:06 AM 05-05-2014
My DH once told me that men realize if they do something wrong enough times or bad enough, yes - they will get in trouble but they will also never have to do that task again (e.g. the laundry probation above).

So...perhaps you have a very cunning husband, not a careless one
melilley 11:06 AM 05-05-2014
Originally Posted by butterfly:
My biggest pet peeve about my dh:

He's too damn sweet and sexy.

I love him so much. He's an amazing dad and husband. No, I'm not a newlywed, but it feels like it most days. Praise God!
How sweet, this brought a smile to my face!
TaylorTots 11:11 AM 05-05-2014
Oh and my addition to the "I love my husband BUT..." would be:

I love my husband BUT he never looks at the time and calls me (crazy loud house phone ringing) to say hi during rest time Every. Single. Day.
Chellieleanne 11:14 AM 05-05-2014
Originally Posted by TaylorTots:
Oh and my addition to the "I love my husband BUT..." would be:

I love my husband BUT he never looks at the time and calls me (crazy loud house phone ringing) to say hi during rest time Every. Single. Day.
I banned DH from calling the house for that reason while I am watching kids. He can call my cell if it is important or just text me.
mountainside13 06:13 PM 05-05-2014
I love this thread!

My husband will start one project, stop that one to start another many many times! We have a lot of half finished projects!
Tdhmom 07:00 PM 05-05-2014
Originally Posted by mountainside13:
I love this thread!

My husband will start one project, stop that one to start another many many times! We have a lot of half finished projects!
I'm guilty of this only with cleaning. Nothing keeps my interest long enough so I'll jump from room to room until they are all cleaned...mix that horrible habit with 3 children and things don't always stay clean
mountainside13 07:08 AM 05-06-2014
I'm guilty of this only with cleaning. Nothing keeps my interest long enough so I'll jump from room to room until they are all cleaned...mix that horrible habit with 3 children and things don't always stay clean

He will also move the mess to another location and be like I cleaned! This weekend he moved all the toys out of the yard into the driveway! He came to me and says the backyards clean! Or move all the stuff out of the garage into the driveway and says the garage is clean! Well yes it is but all the junk is now visible in the driveway!
Unregistered 11:26 AM 05-06-2014
Mine doesn't think being a provider is a job. It is me being a stay at home mom with extra kids. I should be able to do laundry and the house should be magazine perfect when he gets home. He doesn't do laundry or dishes or anything else for that matter. He retires from the military in a few months. He never puts anything back where he gets it from either. He will leave a cup on his nightstand for weeks until I move it. His boots are always in my way. He hangs his uniform top on the back of my kitchen chairs which drives me nuts.
Tags:husband, spouse
Reply Up