Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>It's Naptime! Now To Get Things Done...
LindseyA 12:08 PM 05-29-2015
I've always wondered what all of my fellow providers do during naptime! I for one, eat my lunch after everyone is settled in their cots. I have posted before about sitting at the table with the kiddos with all the crunching and munching, I just can't. I also usually throw in a load of laundry, sweep and do paperwork (plan menus, write receipts, plan activities, etc.) And if there's time, "play" on my phone - - check this forum, pinterest, email...
hope 01:19 PM 05-29-2015
Laundry, cleaning, prep dinner and go on my phone. Definitely more productive than what I would be doing on my lunch break at an office.
spedmommy4 01:38 PM 05-29-2015
I usually do business paperwork but today I am taking a well deserved lunch break. (My most challenging kiddo skipped naptime Mon-Thus) So I am vegging out watching reruns of my favorite shows.
Controlled Chaos 03:00 PM 05-29-2015
Sometimes it feels like nap is the busiest time of the day! I do dishes, post pictures of the morning activities to my FB page, enter daily meals and attendance on minute menu, reply to emails and phone calls, try to spend 15-20 min just focused on my 5yo DD (she sits with me while I do business stuff and we snuggle, but she needs more face time when I am not distracted). If I have time I start dinner and switch the laundry.
e.j. 03:27 PM 05-29-2015
If the kids are all sleeping or resting quietly, I clean up the lunch mess and then sit down at the computer (which is just outside my day care room so I can keep an eye on the kid) while I have my own lunch. I check my email messages and if there's time, I'll come here to catch up on the new posts and maybe check Pinterest. Depending on the day, I will also catch up on paperwork like the "My Day" forms I send home or organize the kid's things so when they're picked up, it's less chaotic and easier for them to grab their things and go. I wish my laundry room was located in an area where I could throw in a load during nap time. I'd be doing that if I could!
MyAngels 03:29 PM 05-29-2015
Yikes, you all put me to shame. I try never to do anything that might be considered productive during nap time. Read a little, maybe watch a little TV, waste time online - but productive? Nope
spud912 03:45 PM 05-29-2015
I usually nurse my baby, put her to bed, eat my first meal of the day , pick up dd from school, help her do homework, then start prepping dinner and snack. Now that it's summer break and I have school agers who don't nap, I spend the whole time telling them to be quiet and finding things for them to do .
spud912 03:47 PM 05-29-2015
Oh and if I do get a rare break, it's taken up doing daycare paperwork, posting daycare pictures on FB and looking for ideas on Pinterest and other websites (ok, that part I actually really love doing !).
jenboo 04:15 PM 05-29-2015
Eat and relax.
Relaxing is usually watching TV or reading a book.
spedmommy4 04:33 PM 05-29-2015
Originally Posted by MyAngels:
Yikes, you all put me to shame. I try never to do anything that might be considered productive during nap time. Read a little, maybe watch a little TV, waste time online - but productive? Nope

I think you have the right idea. Today I did nothing and I was so much more energized for the afternoon. I may make a regular habit out of stealing some me time during daily naps.
MissAnn 05:08 PM 05-29-2015
Words with Friends!
CraftyMom 05:20 PM 05-29-2015
I intend to eat lunch, but often I get distracted by kids who won't take a nap, or at the very least lay down. The kid who will not stop talking and thinks that when he whispers loudly I can not hear him. The dcg who won't stop fooling around and singing. Like today ...and then I realize I haven't eaten around the time the kids are leaving. I spent nap time today rearranging kids.

It isn't often that I get an actual "naptime" since I have one or two that don't nap and I'm just trying to keep them quiet. Also the infant only sleeps for an hour, so by the time the others may finally settle down the infant is awake.

I'm jealous of those who get to read or watch shows! Or even eat lunch!

When I do get some down time I do like the others and do paperwork, food program, Check fb, etc. Oh and eat lunch
Laurel 05:49 PM 05-29-2015
Originally Posted by MyAngels:

That is what I did too. I worked too many hours not to have some time for me.

Laurel
Josiegirl 02:54 AM 05-30-2015
Other than saying sshhhhh a thousand times and filling in their daily notes, I try to chill. I've found the shorter my own chill time, the more of a bear I am for the rest of the day. And my chill time is spent right here, pinterest, browsing the internet.
Reply Up