Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Have a Great One!
laundrymom 11:05 AM 11-18-2010
Im taking a break, I think the whole santa thing has pushed me over the edge. Im here for support. not grief. I thought I finally found a board where people were supportive, I know I always try to at least end my comments with a supportive comment. Even when I completely disagree with everything Nanny does, I support her decisions, choices and feelings. I also try to respect the thoughts and feelings of whichever poster doesn't believe in Jesus, honestly I read on my ipod most of the time and don't pay attention most of the time to the posters name, since the print is small,... I really try not to personally attack others. I try to remain calm, think out my responses, and be kind with them.

I must say I was hurt deeply by the comment made to me about not being christian enough for someone. You don't know me, no one knows anyone. To be so mean to others simply because you can hit send and be done with it,.. that's so impersonal and not what Im looking for. I can get uncaring judgmental and plain meanness by going to a family dinner, Im surely not going to spend my naptimes on them. I wish you all well. Happy Thanksgiving everyone, (if you choose to celebrate) I have learned a lot of wonderful things from this forum and I guess I will see you in a few days or weeks.
MyAngels 11:12 AM 11-18-2010
I'm sorry to hear it, but understand your feelings. Sometimes these threads take a decidedly negative turn. Come back soon, you will be missed.
QualiTcare 11:14 AM 11-18-2010
aw, many people agree with you and eveyone loved your story about the magic - vey cute. not everyone is going to agree on everything. don't let one person run you away - we like having you here.

i'm sure you are very confident in your faith so someone saying you're not christian enough would be silly. you know it's not true, and anyone who knows you knows it's not true. that's all that really matters.
DCMomOf3 11:15 AM 11-18-2010
I really hope to see you back sooner than later. We all need breaks at times, especially if we feel attacked. Just know that there are plenty of us who do respect you, and every one else here, and come for feedback and advice too. In our line of business we need all the support we can get!

Happy Thanksgiving!
boysx5 11:18 AM 11-18-2010
I always enjoy your reading posts I hope you come back no matter what board your on you will run into people who can be rude its sad but so true
safechner 11:38 AM 11-18-2010
Originally Posted by laundrymom:
Im taking a break, I think the whole santa thing has pushed me over the edge. Im here for support. not grief. I thought I finally found a board where people were supportive, I know I always try to at least end my comments with a supportive comment. Even when I completely disagree with everything Nanny does, I support her desicions, choices and feelings. I also try to respect the thoughts and feelings of whichever poster doesnt believe in Jesus, honestly I read on my ipod most of the time and dont pay attention most of the time to the posters name, since the print is small,... I really try not to personally attack others. I try to remain calm, think out my responses, and be kind with them.
I must say I was hurt deeply by the comment made to me about not being christian enough for someone. You dont know me, noone knows anyone. To be so mean to others simply because you can hit send and be done with it,.. thats so impersonal and not what Im looking for. I can get uncaring judgmental and plain meanness by going to a family dinner, Im surely not going to spend my naptimes on them. I wish you all well. Happy Thanksgiving everyone, (if you choose to celebrate) I have learned alot of wonderful things from this forum and I guess I will see you in a few days or weeks.
I really like you and love to read your comments. I know it hurts but just ignore them. Be happy who you are.

To be honest, I am not a christian and I don't go to church since I was teenager. Last week, my daughter's teacher asked me a personal question but she was scared to ask me. I told her don't be afraid to ask me any questions that she may have. I wont bite her, lol. She asked me if I ever go to church and I told her the truth. It seems she is very respect with my decision. Honest, I am not bad person. It is my thing that I don't like going to church, that is all. I love my life and my family. Hope it makes you feel better.

Don't let them get you. I won't let them get me because I don't care what people think about me or anything else. Be strong.
MARSTELAC 11:41 AM 11-18-2010
You are only allowed a short break, then get back here pronto! I need you and your advice/support! Hope it's a restful one...you will be missed :-)
kendallina 12:04 PM 11-18-2010
laundrymom, I'm sorry some negative comments were made to you. I always enjoy your posts (whether we agree or not) and you will be missed while you're gone. Enjoy your Thanksgiving and I hope to see you back soon.
Lilbutterflie 12:09 PM 11-18-2010
I agree with everyone else here, COME BACK SOON!

I too value all of your posts.
CKSher 12:47 PM 11-18-2010
I am really sorry that you feel that way as I love reading your posts as well. As far as the "Christian" thing goes, a true sign of a real Christian is compassion, caring, thoughtfulness and humbleness, not Judgement! God is the only one who has the right and the knowledge to judge anyone, so people who are calling themselves Christians and then Judging others is very wrong and they need be very careful. I also believe and you may agree that it is also wrong to discrimenate against others due to their believes, just because someone is an atheist does not mean that they are less of a person we may choose to look at is as an opportunity to witness to others as we were called to do. Either way everyone has a right to their opionions and believes and hopefully this can be a lesson to all of us to learn to express ourselves and our believes without being judgemental towards one another. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving and hopefully the time you get to spend with your own family will help rejuvinate you and get you back into the Merry Christmas spirit!
Crystal 01:05 PM 11-18-2010
Laundrymom, I GET what you're saying. So, I hope after your break, you will come back to find a forum full of Holiday Cheer and lively spirits. Happy Holidays to you and yours, and don't stay away long, we'll miss you.

Crystal
missnikki 01:54 PM 11-18-2010
You can't just take your ball and go home...We need all sorts of voices here to help balance the forum. I enjoy your comments and have found your contributions very thoughtful. (I know you probably aren't even reading this right now but I like the sound of my own voice.)
Enjoy your Turkey Day and come back when the triptophan coma has worn off.
Lucy 02:21 PM 11-18-2010
My posting of "Merry Christmas" on that Santa thread was an edit. I backspaced what I originally typed because it was to that person who called you "not Christian enough". I, too, took that as very rude and just HAD to say something. After I hit send, I decided I shouldn't stir the pot, so I edited to just say Merry Christmas. LOL!!!
nikia 02:33 PM 11-18-2010
Originally Posted by Joyce:
My posting of "Merry Christmas" on that Santa thread was an edit. I backspaced what I originally typed because it was to that person who called you "not Christian enough". I, too, took that as very rude and just HAD to say something. After I hit send, I decided I shouldn't stir the pot, so I edited to just say Merry Christmas. LOL!!!
There were many other things I wanted to say beside it was harsh but I didn't want to go on that level.

Laundrymom I always like your post whether I agree or not, they are insightful and loving even when you disagree with the person. When my daughter does stop believing in the magic I will tell her that she now needs to "become the magic" because of you and think that a great way to put it. I am so sorry the thread I started hurt you and it was never the intent for people to get worked up enough for personal attacks. Have a very blessed Thanksgiving and Christmas for those who celebrate.
Childminder 03:52 PM 11-18-2010
Laundrymom, this does seem to be one of the most unkind sites I've ever been on so I am not as active as most. Even had a post deleted for saying the very same thing as this one. There are forums that I go to often that are genuine, supportive and no one seems to bad mouth anyone. I guess I come here to look at the train wrecks, so to speak. If you wish to know the other sites PM me, unless of course this too gets deleted.
Lianne 05:28 PM 11-18-2010
This is a great board full of a wide variety of people who all provide childcare. I disagree with a lot of people and a lot of advice that is offered here but I also agree with a lot of people and advice. The person I disagree with in one thread is often the person I do agree with in the next thread. Regardless of whether I agree or disagree or if someone agrees or disagrees with me, 95% of the time it's done with civility and respect. That's impressive on a board of this size. There needs to be all sorts of opinions exchanged, otherwise why bother to visit here? It's through varied opinions that we learn new things. Laundrymom, I hope you return soon. This board has a lot of good things to offer and you, no doubt, have lots to contribute.
SandeeAR 05:33 PM 11-18-2010
In the following statement, my use of the word "you" means AnyOne, not you directly.

One of the hardest things to do on a board, is walk away when things get heated. When you have been on these various boards for many years, you have to develop a thick skin. You also have to realize that everyone has a different opinion.

Also, remember, you have nothing to prove to anyone. The chances of you ever seeing of speaking to anyone on a board in person, is below 1%. So why let it get to you.

If folks on boards would try to remember this, most would be a lot happier.

JMHO
Michael 12:52 AM 11-19-2010
Thanks everyone for your input. This board has grown 100% every month the last few months. I can not read all of the threads and posts, I have a full time job that is NOT daycare. If you feel a thread is getting too rude please PM me and I will review it. We also have several MODs that can chime in. I don't want to start infractions or ban someone but if it brings some order to those few that are not empathetic I will do so. Today we had over 300 posts. That is a lot of writing!

Treat this forum as though it is our daycare. Sometimes termination may be required. I’ve only permanently banned two members in this forum's existence. I will go the extra mile and understand people can have a bad day. This forum is free and all of you are spending your precious time helping others around the world. Your comments DO have impact in more ways then you know.
BentleysBands 03:25 AM 11-19-2010
I havent been on that thread but i can say like everyone else...we need you!! take your break and get your booty back
dont let what someone says get ya down!!! HUGS!!!
TGT09 05:33 AM 11-19-2010
I didn't respond to that thread, nor have I read it all. And now, I don't want to if it's running you off! You give great advice, please don't leave for long!
legomom922 05:34 AM 11-19-2010
I must say I was hurt deeply by the comment made to me about not being christian enough for someone.
Read through the ENTIRE thread again. NO ONE, NOR I ever said that! I can't GUARENTEE you those word were never spoke and I challenage every person here to find it! IT DOESN"T EXIST!!

Everyone here has alot of nerve to say I am the one being judgemental..What the hek do you call what you are doing? I voiced my opinion as did others, which I also have that to as well. My opnion was unpopular and because some (not all) did not agree with me or "like" my opinion, chose to badger me and try to make me look like I was the bad person here!

Go back and really read what I had really said, instead of putting your own spin to it and twisting and changing words.

In the beginning all I said was that before you go jumping down a parents throat about their kid let the santa secret out of the bag, you had better find out why they dont believe first! I WAS THE ONE who first spoke about respecting all beliefs!! Really, go back and read!

laundrymom, you started getting nasty when you said she shouls terminate the client because of the santa slip and that is the meanest thing I ever heard! YOU ARE JUDGING THAT FAMILY! Take a look at yourself before YOU point the fingers at others!

Furthermore I never said I was offended about people not believing in Jesus. I said, I was offended by people believing in santa claus! Get your facts straight!

Just like jesus always said, when you believe in Him, you will be presecuted! I will stand up to what I believe!
BentleysBands 05:48 AM 11-19-2010
Originally Posted by legomom922:
Read through the ENTIRE thread again. NO ONE, NOR I ever said that! I can't GUARENTEE you those word were never spoke and I challenage every person here to find it! IT DOESN"T EXIST!!

Everyone here has alot of nerve to say I am the one being judgemental..What the hek do you call what you are doing? I voiced my opinion as did others, which I also have that to as well. My opnion was unpopular and because some (not all) did not agree with me or "like" my opinion, chose to badger me and try to make me look like I was the bad person here!

Go back and really read what I had really said, instead of putting your own spin to it and twisting and changing words.

In the beginning all I said was that before you go jumping down a parents throat about their kid let the santa secret out of the bag, you had better find out why they dont believe first! I WAS THE ONE who first spoke about respecting all beliefs!! Really, go back and read!

laundrymom, you started getting nasty when you said she shouls terminate the client because of the santa slip and that is the meanest thing I ever heard! YOU ARE JUDGING THAT FAMILY! Take a look at yourself before YOU point the fingers at others!

Furthermore I never said I was offended about people not believing in Jesus. I said, I was offended by people believing in santa claus! Get your facts straight!

Just like jesus always said, when you believe in Him, you will be presecuted! I will stand up to what I believe!
I , too , am Christian (baptist to be exact) and was sadden by your words of no santa!

Now, let it go
countrymom 06:13 AM 11-19-2010
its so sad that religion has to play the major part in your discussion. What ever happen to kids believing in santa REGARDLESS of what religion they are. What does religion have to do with santa, the easter bunny, the tooth fairy, the monsters, the vampires....NOTHING. Let children be children and stop shoving religion down their throat. I'm catholic and I don't go around insulting others because of their religion, thats plain rude, does it make you feel better to shove your religion and your beliefs onto another human, I doubt it. "do onto others and you would like them to do onto you"
and laundrymom, I would just mention it to the older girl that the younger ones still believe in santa and just play along with them-no need for parents.
nannyde 06:25 AM 11-19-2010
I know I always try to at least end my comments with a supportive comment. Even when I completely disagree with everything Nanny does, I support her desicions, choices and feelings.

How did I get into that? I wasn't even ON the Santa thread.
SandeeAR 06:31 AM 11-19-2010
Everyone here has alot of nerve to say I am the one being judgemental..What the hek do you call what you are doing?

I'm sorry, but I must take exception to this statement. I was not being judgemental. I did not even direct my comment to you. I was simply talking to everyone, in hopes of calming things down a little.

Just for the record, I am happy to say that Jesus has been my Lord and Savior for 42 years. I am also a Baptist.

I will walk away now.
legomom922 06:44 AM 11-19-2010
Originally Posted by SandeeAR:

I'm sorry, but I must take exception to this statement. I was not being judgemental. I did not even direct my comment to you. I was simply talking to everyone, in hopes of calming things down a little.

Just for the record, I am happy to say that Jesus has been my Lord and Savior for 42 years. I am also a Baptist.

I will walk away now.
My apologies SandeeAR. I did not mean everyone as every single person on this forum, I meant it as a general term as the majority. My mistake.
legomom922 06:47 AM 11-19-2010
Originally Posted by countrymom:
its so sad that religion has to play the major part in your discussion. What ever happen to kids believing in santa REGARDLESS of what religion they are. What does religion have to do with santa, the easter bunny, the tooth fairy, the monsters, the vampires....NOTHING. Let children be children and stop shoving religion down their throat. I'm catholic and I don't go around insulting others because of their religion, thats plain rude, does it make you feel better to shove your religion and your beliefs onto another human, I doubt it. "do onto others and you would like them to do onto you"
and laundrymom, I would just mention it to the older girl that the younger ones still believe in santa and just play along with them-no need for parents.
No one is shoving religion down anyones throat, but most want to shove santa down people throats!

Religion has everything to do with santa, easter bunny and halloween, DEPENDING on how close you walk with the Lord.
legomom922 06:48 AM 11-19-2010
Originally Posted by nannyde:

How did I get into that? I wasn't even ON the Santa thread.
The same way I am accused of saying things I DID NOT.
legomom922 06:53 AM 11-19-2010
Originally Posted by BentleysBands:
I , too , am Christian (baptist to be exact) and was sadden by your words of no santa!
I am sadden that some say there is no Jesus!

I am also sadden that you are more saddened of me saying their is no santa rather the ones who say there is no Jesus!

Like I said before, I am only being singled out because my beliefs don't match the majority. So everyone should follow thweir own advice and respect others beliefs including MINE!
Crystal 07:06 AM 11-19-2010
I think that we all need to step back and BREATHE.

Now, Legomom, this thread was started by the OP to say she's taking a break. You are WAY off topic now and in the other thread, you have been asked to stop, by more than one moderator and by a few members. Please stop now, as your emotions have gotten the best of you. If you feel you need to discuss the topic of religion further, please start a thread that pertains to that and leave it out of unrelated threads.

Thank you
legomom922 07:14 AM 11-19-2010
No I do not have that need what so ever, but why should I sit back and get attacked?????????? Why do you allow that? I am going to stick up for myself!

Tell everyone else to knock it off too! I am being unfairly accused and that is just as wrong!
Crystal 07:37 AM 11-19-2010
No I do not have that need what so ever, but why should I sit back and get attacked?????????? Why do you allow that? I am going to stick up for myself!

Tell everyone else to knock it off too! I am being unfairly accused and that is just as wrong!
I have not seen any personal attacks against you. Nobody has told you that you are not entitled to your beliefs, in fact you have been told more than once that we all need to be "tolerant" and respectful of one another's beliefs, which they were trying to do for you.

Now, I don't think your intent was to be intolerant or disrespectful. I think you are passionate about your beliefs and spoke in a "tone" that made others feel they were being attacked. I have been guilty of that myself and understand that sometimes we all speak out a little to loudly and sometimes need to be reminded of that, myself included.

All I am asking is that you just drop it and move on. Let's have a Happy Friday!
Unregistered 07:38 AM 11-19-2010
Religion has everything to do with santa, easter bunny and halloween, DEPENDING on how close you walk with the Lord.
See...here is the problem. You are assuming that we don't walk as closely with God as you do, because we don't see the harm in letting our kids enjoy both the religious and non-religious aspects of Christmas. If I were to imply that because, I dunno, you don't go to confession twice a week, or keep Sabbath, that you weren't as close to God as I am, do you think you might be offended?

My kids understand the difference, we have taught them to enjoy the fluff, and revere the celebration of God. One doesn't necessarily negate the other and, if you don't mind, I'll let God be the judge of how closely our relationship grows in faith.

God loves you, but he doesn't love you more than me because I let my kids enjoy Santa!

I think as Christians it is important to share our beliefs, but to be cautious that in our enthusiasm we don't turn people AWAY from God and Church by being overbearing in our personal religious traditions...and for the record, in my world, "religion" is WAY different that faith.
Lucy 07:46 AM 11-19-2010

It's called being the bigger person. Same idea that parents and schools teach kids when it comes to fighting. If someone wants to start a fight with you, just walk away.
Crystal 07:50 AM 11-19-2010
Please keep the thread on topic with the Op's original discussion.
Unregistered 08:31 AM 11-19-2010
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
See...here is the problem. You are assuming that we don't walk as closely with God as you do, because we don't see the harm in letting our kids enjoy both the religious and non-religious aspects of Christmas. If I were to imply that because, I dunno, you don't go to confession twice a week, or keep Sabbath, that you weren't as close to God as I am, do you think you might be offended?

My kids understand the difference, we have taught them to enjoy the fluff, and revere the celebration of God. One doesn't necessarily negate the other and, if you don't mind, I'll let God be the judge of how closely our relationship grows in faith.

God loves you, but he doesn't love you more than me because I let my kids enjoy Santa!

I think as Christians it is important to share our beliefs, but to be cautious that in our enthusiasm we don't turn people AWAY from God and Church by being overbearing in our personal religious traditions...and for the record, in my world, "religion" is WAY different that faith.
Sorry...didn't mean to be ananoymous...

3kidsmom
Unregistered 10:15 AM 11-19-2010
No one is shoving religion down anyones throat, but most want to shove santa down people throat!

Just something to leave you with to think about. In my opinion this is the most important teaching in the bible: "God is Love". You are no more or less loved by the Lord than any of the rest of us. God is above judgemental and spiteful human characteristics. God is absolute and unconditional Love.

Just think about that. Laundrymom doesn't even feel comfortable posting right now because of the comments that you felt that you had to make. Yes, you have the right to your opinions but do you have to be so venemous about your opinions?

I am perfectly aware that the following statement that I'm going to make is a judgement, but that's OK because I know that God loves me no matter how flawed I am and there's nothing that I could say to change that love. You're kind of mean.
QualiTcare 10:41 AM 11-19-2010
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Sorry...didn't mean to be ananoymous...

3kidsmom
3kidsmom, have you PM'd michael to see if he can reset your password or somehow get you logged back in? just a suggestion.
Tags:member leaving, rude members
Reply Up