Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Best Show EVER! - Tabatha And Suppernanny In A Daycare!!
lolaland 09:55 AM 04-02-2013
Just a fun/playful thought!

My 2 all time favorite shows are “Tabatha's Salon Take Over” (an expert takes over a hair salon or a restaurant and examines the bad “business choices” that are endangering the success of the business - It's on BravoTV) and “Supernanny” (a different expert that comes to families homes solve kid's behavior issues – It's on Style). Every time I watch either one of these shows I just wish they did visit a home daycare!! My dream show would be “Tabatha and Suppernanny takes over a daycare”.

These were my 2 main struggles when I was operating my home daycare:

1)Lack of business skills to manage my daycare Profits and Spending and Time-Management in a professional/smart way (Tabatha's Skills)
2)Controlling the constant resurfacing of bad behaviors in kids and parents (Supernanny expertise)

Would you hire this team (Tabatha and Supernanny) to visit your daycare??

If there was real companies out there offering this kind of service/intervention/expertise/advise to daycare businesses, would you consider hiring that service once, or from time to time, to keep you on-track?
nanglgrl 10:01 AM 04-02-2013
Originally Posted by lolaland:

My 2 all time favorite shows are “Tabatha's Salon Take Over” (an expert takes over a hair salon or a restaurant and examines the bad “business choices” that are endangering the success of the business - It's on BravoTV) and “Supernanny” (a different expert that comes to families homes solve kid's behavior issues – It's on Style). Every time I watch either one of these shows I just wish they did visit a home daycare!! My dream show would be “Tabatha and Suppernanny takes over a daycare”.

1)Lack of business skills to manage my daycare Profits and Spending and Time-Management in a professional/smart way (Tabatha's Skills)
2)Controlling the constant resurfacing of bad behaviors in kids and parents (Supernanny expertise)

If there was real companies out there offering this kind of service/intervention/expertise/advise to daycare businesses, would you consider hiring that service once, or from time to time, to keep you on-track?
I think Nannyde does this and I think she might be Tabatha and Supernanny's lovechild.

I hope you know I meant that in a good way!
nannyde 10:11 AM 04-02-2013
Originally Posted by nanglgrl:
I think Nannyde does this and I think she might be Tabatha and Supernanny's lovechild.

I hope you know I meant that in a good way!
Yes my week of naptimes are now booked with Supernanny consults. Honestly most of the behavior consults are empowering women to do what they already know.... be the LEADER
MizzCheryl 10:56 AM 04-02-2013
Originally Posted by nannyde:
Yes my week of naptimes are now booked with Supernanny consults. Honestly most of the behavior consults are empowering women to do what they already know.... be the LEADER
So True Nan. You can empower like none other!!!
Strong empowered childcare provider =happy person
AmyLeigh 12:42 PM 04-02-2013
Originally Posted by lolaland:

I would also request Gordon Ramsey to teach good home cooking, and Stacy and Clinton from What Not To Wear for style tips!
Starburst 02:51 PM 04-02-2013
Well now "Tabatha's Salon Take Over" is "Tabatha Takes Over" so she does a lot of different types of businesses but still does some salons once in a while. The closest she has ever come to doing one on daycare was when she helped a doggie salon/doggie daycare; the closest shes come to doing one with kids was a hair salon for children. But I doubt Tabatha would do any on child care because she has said many times on the show that she doesn't like kids.

I think they should make a Super-nanny where she checks on daycares (both FCCS and centers) the only thing is it seems like they would require alot of paper work (background checks for her and camara crew, not to mention that they either have to censor all the children's faces or have parents sign a consent form- some families might not like it). Either they get called in by the provider, the provider's assistants, or by concerned parents. And I doubt many daycare providers would want to subject themselves to posibility being opened up to complaints or alligations, not to mention humiliation if the show tries to portray them in a negative light.

At the home daycare I used to work at we were always saying that daycare would be an interesting reality TV show topic (and you would know for a fact that it is 100% real lol)
daycarediva 03:21 PM 04-02-2013
Originally Posted by Starburst:

At the home daycare I used to work at we were always saying that daycare would be an interesting reality TV show (and you would know for a fact that it is 100% real lol)
for sure! I could watch clips of everyones days put together and make comments about what they SHOULD have done from my couch.
Lyss 04:32 PM 04-02-2013
Daycare swap!! Instead of swapping wives it'd be daycare providers I'd be very afraid after hearing about some of your DCPs! Although maybe if a totally different style provider took over one of my difficult DCPs would appreciate me more (yea right!)
Lyss 04:37 PM 04-02-2013
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
for sure! I could watch clips of everyones days put together and make comments about what they SHOULD have done from my couch.
or thank my lucky stars my kids weren't like the ones on shown (you know they'd find the most unruly lot to portray!)
Kaddidle Care 04:44 AM 04-03-2013
I wouldn't let Tabitha near any child! Yikes!

The combo might be engaging though. hehe!
KnoxMom 05:31 AM 04-03-2013
Originally Posted by Lyss:
Daycare swap!! Instead of swapping wives it'd be daycare providers
Now THAT would be one to watch!
countrymom 06:27 AM 04-03-2013
sadly I watch all the shows mentioned. I think daycare swap would be a good one.
Tags:reality shows, tv shows
Reply Up