Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Mommy Withdrawl
Memc2001 10:15 AM 08-12-2013
I had a 1 year old start today (mom's a teacher). Major separation anxiety! He has been screaming and crying non stop since 7am. I have never experienced anything quite like this. Poor baby, nothing helps. He pauses to eat, then goes right on crying. At what point do you say, come get him, this isn't right. Or do you in hopes, he'll stop one of these days, at the expense of my sanity.?
Play Care 10:25 AM 08-12-2013
Originally Posted by Memc2001:
I had a 1 year old start today (mom's a teacher). Major separation anxiety! He has been screaming and crying non stop since 7am. I have never experienced anything quite like this. Poor baby, nothing helps. He pauses to eat, then goes right on crying. At what point do you say, come get him, this isn't right. Or do you in hopes, he'll stop one of these days, at the expense of my sanity.?
Did she bring him in at all during the summer? Or even the last few weeks to get him acclimated? IME, new kids may cry for a little bit but eventually settle in. All day crying/screaming would warrant a phone call to come get ASAP. That's not fair for *anyone.* FWIW I termed a family last fall because their THREE kids cried non stop all day because they were used to being home with mom. It go to the point where the SA kids dreaded getting off the bus because they didn't want to deal with crying/screaming. BUH-BYE...
Memc2001 10:52 AM 08-12-2013
No acclamation time. She texted me later in the morning to check on him. I told her what was happening and she said,"I had a feeling he would do that. He's never been away from me except for a short time last year." I know that at age 1 it can get a little tricky but it is almost 1pm and he just finally stopped and went to sleep. Geesh! Bring on the migraine meds. My poor kids must hate me right now. Thank goodness school starts Wed.

I will def. consider termination if this doesn't get better quick.
cheerfuldom 11:29 AM 08-12-2013
I would discuss a two week probation period with mom. Basically acknowledging that you realize that children need a transition period but making her aware that you will do your best and need to see progress to acclimating. There is really nothing she can do for him now but its important that you be honest about what you can and cannot tolerate.
Familycare71 12:59 PM 08-12-2013
Wow- IMO that isn't normal for a one yr old at all... Poor him and poor you!!
Tags:separation anxiety
Reply Up