Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I Love my Job Because...
AmyKidsCo 03:27 PM 08-20-2014
GO!
nannyde 03:33 PM 08-20-2014
I've been off of it for five months.
KidGrind 03:35 PM 08-20-2014
Originally Posted by nannyde:
I've been off of it for five months.
Rub it in.

I love my job because when the light bulb goes on in their little heads, I am tickled.
Shell 03:35 PM 08-20-2014
I love that I created all of this myself (and dh's handiwork). I took the classes, bought the materials, found the kids, create the curriculum, do all the paperwork, etc. I did all of this, and am proud of it (as all of you should feel proud too). I run a tight ship, and teach what I think is important (both academic and social). I also love the no commute and being home (I've become a home-body but kind of like it). Good thread
Josiegirl 03:36 PM 08-20-2014
Living by myself can get quiet so having kids here makes it feel not so empty.
I get some big laughs on most days along with great hugs.
I can read kids' books all day without someone saying why are you reading that?
Same with toys, I can still play blocks and Barbies at my age.
I don't have to defrost a car and drive slippery roads to go to work in the middle of the winter.
I love working in my own home.
I like being able to take care of my dogs all day.
I don't have to dress up, just neat.
I don't have to work weekends and holidays.

Even with all the aggravation of dcps and /or dcks, I still would rather do this than most other jobs. I never liked dealing with public.
drseuss 03:37 PM 08-20-2014
I get to create magical experiences for children every day!
nannyde 03:40 PM 08-20-2014
Originally Posted by KidGrind:
Rub it in.

I love my job because when the light bulb go on in their little heads, I am tickled.
He he he

Consulting is WAY more fun because I get to meet super providers like Kid!
KiddieCahoots 03:51 PM 08-20-2014
Understanding the complexity of little ones minds and then using that knowledge to guide them to learn is a rewarding adventure.

Lol! Too much?
Annalee 03:57 PM 08-20-2014
I love being my own boss and business owner! Many things in life can't be controlled like sickness and death, but I CAN CONTROL my business......and the children love me whether I can sing on key or not, whether my hair looks good or not, whether I am pretty or ugly....the kids in my care give me a purpose and reason to smile every day....the pros far outweigh the cons!
KidGrind 04:05 PM 08-20-2014
Originally Posted by nannyde:
He he he

Consulting is WAY more fun because I get to meet super providers like Kid!
Let’s schedule a consult for 8/30 if you are available. I expect to be TERMAPARENTOR by the end of it.
nannyde 04:09 PM 08-20-2014
Let’s schedule a consult for 8/30 if you are available. I expect to be TERMAPARENTOR by the end of it.

Good one!

I have to go to Des Moines for a consult that day but I will check the times.
MrsSteinel'sHouse 04:18 PM 08-20-2014
I get to be home
I love my kidlets!
Nothing better than hugs and baby kisses!
My kids (now almost 18 and 23) have learned how to care for and love on little ones!
kathiemarie 04:25 PM 08-20-2014
Hugs.... little kids can give the best hugs!
daycare 04:31 PM 08-20-2014
because I run the show
NightOwl 05:10 PM 08-20-2014
Originally Posted by Shell:
I love that I created all of this myself (and dh's handiwork). I took the classes, bought the materials, found the kids, create the curriculum, do all the paperwork, etc. I did all of this, and am proud of it (as all of you should feel proud too). I run a tight ship, and teach what I think is important (both academic and social). I also love the no commute and being home (I've become a home-body but kind of like it). Good thread
Ya know, I've never even considered this. I DID create all of this, I molded every tiny detail and I continue to mold the children every day. Thanks for the perspective.
craftymissbeth 05:55 PM 08-20-2014
I love becoming besties with my dck's. Most days I just sit here and smile at the weirdo/wonderful things their little selves do all day. I only have one child (and he will likely be my only) and I love that I can love on these wonderful humans all day long, send them home at the end of the day, and get paid on top of it
LadyK8 06:10 PM 08-20-2014
Rub it in.

I love my job because when the light bulb goes on in their little heads, I am tickled.
This, this, this!

I also love my job because I get to be my own boss and stay in my comfort zone (except on weekends) called "home."
midaycare 07:20 PM 08-20-2014
I love having my own business! And the hugs.
kendallina 07:21 PM 08-20-2014
Because I love to hear their laughter!
Because I love to make discoveries with them!
Because I get to be home all day.
Because I am my own boss with my own rules.
Controlled Chaos 09:49 PM 08-20-2014
I get to be home with my 3 little ones (3 under 5)

I get play with toys, sing songs and get messy

I truly feel like I am making a difference, helping the little ones learn and grow to be the best little people they can be and helping the parents create the healthiest family they can
originalkat 06:18 AM 08-21-2014
Nice. Me too!
Play Care 06:32 AM 08-21-2014
Originally Posted by LadyK8:

I also love my job because I get to be my own boss and stay in my comfort zone (except on weekends) called "home."

I love that I'm in charge of my day (well, mostly! ) i also love planning curriculum and working with the kids

But on a personal note I feel that this career has been so very beneficial for my family.
NO money spent on child care when my kids were young, or now that they are young SA.
Fewer fast food meals (a hazard for many working families) because I usually have a few minutes in my day to put a healthy meal together.
NO sick day scramble when my kids are sick. They stay home in their bed. DH gets "paid out" for unused sick time when he retires, so he's been able to bank a good amount (to the point he's sold some of his days back)
Same goes for all the holidays, vacations, snow days, etc etc etc
My job IS the kids. I don't know that I'd have done half the art projects, field trips, etc had I had another job or even been a SAHM (we wouldn't have been able to afford it in the latter case!)
I love that I am mostly able to work housekeeping into my daily schedule so evenings and weekends are family time.
Blackcat31 07:01 AM 08-21-2014
Because it doesn't feel like a job.

Because I get to be my own boss.

Because I earn a pretty nice income

Because I don't work nights, weekends or holidays (or any days I don't want to for that matter)

Because my co-workers are adorable and funnier than any adult I've ever met.

Because I love office and school supplies
Play Care 07:56 AM 08-21-2014
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:

OMG, YES! Just yesterday I was in Target sniffing the new notebooks.

So what I'm not allowed back, it was worth it!
BrooklynM 08:37 AM 08-21-2014
Why I love my job:

1. Cheering for all of the "firsts"-crawling, standing, walking, saying bye bye to the bottle, going pee pee in the potty, using their manners without being reminded, etc.
2. Singing and dancing
3. Laughing
4. Being silly every day
5. Helping to raise thoughtful, sharing, responsible kids
6. Hugs and cuddling
7. Being home when my kids get home from school
8. Watching my kids (15&12) become "heroes" to these kids. They love my kids and my kids love them!
9. Watching their imaginations work- sometimes it's silly, sometimes it's genius!
10. Even if I won the lottery, I would still do daycare (I would just hire a housekeeper and a cook

The 1 thing I absolutely hate about my job that makes me want to quit- Saying goodbye.....
Annalee 08:44 AM 08-21-2014
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Because it doesn't feel like a job.

Because I get to be my own boss.

Because I earn a pretty nice income

Because I don't work nights, weekends or holidays (or any days I don't want to for that matter)

Because my co-workers are adorable and funnier than any adult I've ever met.

AMEN to setting our own schedule!!!!
rhondawarren 09:28 AM 08-21-2014
Originally Posted by AmyKidsCo:
GO!
I love my job for MANY reasons The number one reason would be that it allows me to be home with my children. Another important reason is because I absolutely love working with kids and making an impact on their lives by being apart of their daily lives.
KSDC 09:55 AM 08-21-2014
*Love getting my baby cuddles and smiles and coos - without the night feedings!
*Love seeing a munchkin's eyes light-up when she/he "gets it" (whatever it happens to be that day!)
*Love coming up with fun arts and crafts for the munchkins!
* Love reading story books, complete with voices and sound effects.

As it has already been said, I love being my own boss, setting my own days/hours and policies.
My3cents 10:22 AM 08-21-2014
Many of the reasons that you all said~

I like making a difference-
helping to shape the kiddo's world~
the creativity side of it-
I get to be the Boss!
money and home
the pro's do out weigh the cons

I sure don't love my job because of the diapers......lol
llpa 10:35 AM 08-21-2014
I get to do two things I love... Teach and be the business manager
The dcks are amazing, cute, crazy, funny, loving etcetc.
I laugh my butt off at least once a day at something they say
deliberateliterate 10:42 AM 08-21-2014
I finish before 5 every day, sometimes even 3:30. I can put my kids on, and get them off the bus.

All the hugs and kisses I ask for.

Those fall days where the air is crisp, the sun is shining, and I'm at the park with my kids instead of in a box with recirculated air (although my kids will be in school f/t this year for the first time, so that makes me sad now that I think of it).

Cuddles with the puppies during nap time.
butterfly 10:48 AM 08-21-2014
terrific answer! Never looked at it that way. Important perspective you've brought to light there. Thank you!!
Cat Herder 11:16 AM 08-21-2014
I love that I am meeting my life's goals on my terms.

Being rich is not my thing... being happy is. Collecting stuff is the opposite of my goal. Putting all my resources into a nice "cage" (house) won't work.

Family, Career, Travel, Me Time, Education, Couple Time. Women around me kept hammering "You can't have it all!" into my head as a kid. Yeah, ok.

Sure you can!! You just don't have to do it all at once. Plan it, save for it, do it. No excuses. The time you spend raising kids is really short in the bigger scheme of things. It goes so fast. 20 years down, 4 to go.

I love my life
spinnymarie 11:59 AM 08-21-2014
I love teaching.
I get to work ONLY with people I WANT to work with, and teach only kids I WANT to teach.
I get to set the rules for all aspects of how, what, when, who, and where I teach.
And, most of all, I get to be the main teacher of my own children, their mother.
Obviously, I had a hard time with three specific things as a public school teacher
Reply Up