Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Well That Went Well
Patches 03:15 PM 03-11-2013
Earlier today, I sent home my dcb that has been having issues. Well, after he left I typed up a term letter and was ready to give it to them tomorrow morning and dcm called me about 40 minutes ago telling me that they found a new place for him to go that is a better fit for him and basically asking if she could go ahead and pull him out immediately (I hadn't even given her the term letter yet). I said it was fine. We talked for a long time and there was no hard feelings between us. She came by and got his things and I got to hug dcb goodbye. I'm a little sad he's gone but I hope now he'll get the care he needs.

Side note: I have an interview tonight for his spot
williams2008 03:37 PM 03-11-2013
That did work out pretty well! I've been contemplating on terming a dcb that I have. Not because of him, but his mother I wish she would tell me she was placing him somewhere else so I won't have to deal with her anymore.

Good luck on your interview tonight!!
butterfly 03:38 PM 03-11-2013
Wow, that's tremendous! I love it when an expected "term" terms themselves. Glad you already have an interview and I hope it goes great!!
MarinaVanessa 03:40 PM 03-11-2013
Jeez me too. I have to give DCM her term letter in about thirty minutes and she has no idea it's coming.
JLH 03:40 PM 03-11-2013
Yay!
daycarediva 04:10 PM 03-11-2013
Awesome! Good luck on your interview!
Country Kids 04:19 PM 03-11-2013
Question that I have always wondered.

If your ready to term a child and then parents call saying they found a place better suited for child what exactly does that mean. If you have one that is having behavioral issues, would the new place tolerate behavior differently? Usually that is the reason for terming.

Also, it makes me wonder if they were already looking because they found a new place pretty quickly-

I'm glad it worked out for you though!
MarinaVanessa 04:33 PM 03-11-2013
Originally Posted by Country Kids:
Question that I have always wondered.

If your ready to term a child and then parents call saying they found a place better suited for child what exactly does that mean. If you have one that is having behavioral issues, would the new place tolerate behavior differently? Usually that is the reason for terming.

Also, it makes me wonder if they were already looking because they found a new place pretty quickly-

I'm glad it worked out for you though!
It could mean that the other place has less children, more structure, less structure, a different type of program, more lenient caregivers, more strict caregivers etc. Really it can mean that the parent found a different place that is more like what they are looking for, or what they think they need. It could have to with any of the above reasons and the parent thinks that the new daycare environment will relieve some of these behavioral problems (in other words that the problems are caused by the caregiver or the daycare environment) OR it can have nothing to do with the behavior and the parent just found something that is better suited for them (different hours, don't have to pay for days not used, sick care etc).

It really just depends on the client and it's probably just the parent thinking that a change in daycare will change the behavior .
daycare123 04:40 PM 03-11-2013
hope your interview goes well!!
Patches 06:26 PM 03-11-2013
Thanks ladies! My interview went great. It's a newborn and they decided to enroll him
MamaBearCanada 06:30 PM 03-11-2013
Congrats on enrolling the newborn
CedarCreek 07:25 PM 03-11-2013
Congrats! I love newborns...they sleep a lot.
Tags:termination, termination - behavioral, termination notice
Reply Up