Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Unions and state payments
jokalima 06:27 AM 08-15-2014
I would like to know if any of you a part of a Union? Are you forced to be part of it?

It has been approved that here in my state us providers can be part of a union. I am not to happy about it and I really don't want to be part of it. I don't feel like I need it or that it will change anything for me. I know someone that works really close to this and that person told me that letters have been sent and the info. in them is not a good one for many providers.

The agency, where my friend works, they give trainings to home providers. The union said that in order for providers to recieve payments from Care 4 Kids, they have to take the training, even those providers that already took it like myself. I took it about a year ago. Not only that, she also told me that in order to be able to get payments from C4K we have to become members of the Union.

I don't like to be forced to do things against my will and it really feels that way right now. Not only that, she told me that they sent letters to parents as well telling them that if their providers don't take the trainings they must change providers in order to recieve help with day care payments.

They got us a "raise" but it's just minimun. If we have to become part of the union that "raise" is going to cover union fees. The lady from the union that came to visit me told me that if I become a member and then decide not to be a member any more I would still have to pay union fees

Someone here has any experience with this?
Up