Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Hand Foot and Mouth
Unregistered 08:05 PM 08-09-2019
Signed out for privacy:
Hand foot and mouth is making its way round my classroom. We had 2 kids with bumps, 1 with a fever and one with bumps in his mouth. Now i've developed red slightly raised spots on the inside of my cheek. Just one inner cheek. So what does hand foot and mouth typically look like in the adult mouth?
HHangout 10:10 PM 08-09-2019
Not sure but luckily it is pretty minor and kids can return to the center even with the rash.

My son may have had it last year-or similar. He had a leg rash and was super cranky and angry (so it was hard to tell if he had a low grade fever) but 2 others had rashes, too. One was diagnosed as HFM, the other was presumed his nut allergy flaring up. I didnt take him in to the dr because he was fine in the am, minus the rash, but I also didnt bring him to school (and it was a Friday).

Good luck! Hope it doesnt get too bad.
Unregistered 09:18 AM 08-10-2019
Our center is sending at any sign of a rash, bumps sores and no return without a doctors note. We started with 8 kids and were down to 1 by Friday with only 1 that was out and not sick! We sanitized our whole classroom (everyday)and washed all the soft toys on Friday, bleached the cribs, hired a rug cleaner. Im hoping were done with this and im not sick
springv 04:18 PM 08-10-2019
We had this happen at our center about 2 years ago and we sent the kids home and told them to not send them back until 24/48 hours after symptoms have disappeared including the rash
e.j. 07:23 PM 08-10-2019
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Signed out for privacy:
Hand foot and mouth is making its way round my classroom. We had 2 kids with bumps, 1 with a fever and one with bumps in his mouth. Now i've developed red slightly raised spots on the inside of my cheek. Just one inner cheek. So what does hand foot and mouth typically look like in the adult mouth?
"Red, slightly raised spots" (pimples or small blisters) sounds like HFM to me. When the adults in my house came down with it after being exposed by a day care child, that's what they looked like. Hopefully you end up with just the one spot. My son got several sores in his mouth and said it was very painful.
Tags:coxsackie, hfm, illness policy
Reply Up