Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Is It Just Me Or Is This Funny
familyschoolcare 08:42 PM 02-28-2012
So usually, when this DCM picks up she helps DCB put his shoes on and chats a little with me about his day. Yesterday she was in a big hurry. However, I

did not realize it at the time. Because she was about an hour early and DCB already had his shoes on as we where getting ready to go to the park. Then

today when she came to pick up she says to DCB hurry up I left the keys in the car.
DaycareMom 08:47 AM 02-29-2012
What is funny about this?

Do you think she was trying to avoid having a chat with you?
familyschoolcare 08:49 AM 02-29-2012
that she left the keys in the car, who does that. It noever occured to me that she did not leave the keys in the car.
Unregistered 08:55 AM 02-29-2012
It didn't occur to you that she did not leave her keys in the car, but you think it's funny that she DID leave her keys in the car???

I am very confused by your wording, but I don't think it's unusual for a parent to leave keys in the car when they are coming in really quick to drop off or pick up.
familyschoolcare 08:55 AM 02-29-2012
Maybe it is just me
daycare 08:57 AM 02-29-2012
I have a hard time getting american humor, so I thought it was just something I did not understand as always.....lol YOU mean it's not me???

Sorry OP I am not laughing at you. Maybe if you explain a little more we can be laughing with you on this.....
familyschoolcare 09:01 AM 02-29-2012
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
It didn't occur to you that she did not leave her keys in the car, but you think it's funny that she DID leave her keys in the car???

I am very confused by your wording, but I don't think it's unusual for a parent to leave keys in the car when they are coming in really quick to drop off or pick up.
MissChristie, asked if she thought I thought mom was avoiding tlaking to me. That is what the it did not occure to me that she did not leave the keys in the car and just said that to get out the door fast.
familyschoolcare 09:03 AM 02-29-2012
Originally Posted by daycare:
I have a hard time getting american humor, so I thought it was just something I did not understand as always.....lol YOU mean it's not me???

Sorry OP I am not laughing at you. Maybe if you explain a little more we can be laughing with you on this.....
I just think it is odd to leave the keys in the car and go inside anywhere let alone my house and then anounce that the keys are in the car. Lots of teenagers "play" soutside at my house what if one of them decided to take the car for a ride.
Breezy 09:06 AM 02-29-2012
Originally Posted by familyschoolcare:
I just think it is odd to leave the keys in the car and go inside anywhere let alone my house and then anounce that the keys are in the car. Lots of teenagers "play" soutside at my house what if one of them decided to take the car for a ride.
I will sometimes start my car in my garage (garage door open), strap ds in his car seat, and then remember something I need from the house and RUN like a mad woman into the house to get it afraid someone will take my car and baby.
melskids 09:14 AM 02-29-2012
Shoot, I never take my keys OUT of my car. Not even at night. It's the only way I don't lose them. And around these parts, until the day a deer, bear, or coyote learn to put it in reverse, I got nothin' to worry about.
laundrymom 10:11 AM 02-29-2012
Originally Posted by melskids:
Shoot, I never take my keys OUT of my car. Not even at night. It's the only way I don't lose them. And around these parts, until the day a deer, bear, or coyote learn to put it in reverse, I got nothin' to worry about.
Rofl!!!!! Love this!
Tags:funny
Reply Up