Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I Feel Like DCD Is Being Sneaky
crazydaycarelady 07:42 AM 11-21-2013
Recently dcd has been doing some unusual things. First off I must explain that my dc rooms are on the lower level. Parents come in through the front door and then down the stairs. It is not feasible for me to lock the door because of my own kids and hubby coming and going and also then I would have to run up and down the stairs 30 more times per day. So it is entirely possible that a parent could come in unheard and stand in the entryway and listen to whatever is going on in the dcroom.

So dcd has been dropping off the kids but then randomly he'll come back in like 10 minutes later and leave the car seat upstairs.

Last week I ran up to my bedroom and saw him come in at 3:20 to "drop the seat off." Yesterday he dropped the seat off around 3:00 and I never even heard him come in , just saw the seat sitting there. He has also come early and unannounced a couple of times in the past few weeks for pick up.

I really feel like he is spying on us or trying to see what is going on. There is nothing going on but the feeling of being spyed on is unnerving.

I have had this family for 3 years and this is a new development but recently I suggested the family get the older child a developmental screening through the school and also told them "we" (they) need to also be working with dcb on self help skills.

Dcd works from home and has his wife convinced that he works really hard but when I have been out during the day I see him at the gym or running errands. Plus he has time to bring the seat over here an hour and a half before his wife is supposed to pick up the kids.

My assistant and I were talking about how well the older child is doing recently but then we were also talking about how the younger one seems to be following in her brothers footsteps being helpless and whiney. Who knows if dcd heard THAT conversation yesterday when he was sneaking around!
Tags:drop off issues, sneaky, uninvited parents
Up