Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Menus, Breakfast, Lunch and Snack Ideas>Zucchini?
Baby Beluga 08:56 AM 06-01-2016
Our produce basket this week came with 10 large zucchinis. I'm not really a zucchini person and am having trouble finding ways to use these.

What are some of your favorite ways to use zucchinis?
laundrymom 09:28 AM 06-01-2016
Fritters. Bread. Noodles. Sliced topped w parm and broiled.
Thriftylady 10:04 AM 06-01-2016
If they are large, the only good use I have found for them is bread. Once they get to a certain size, they are tough and the seeds are just to big to handle. I prefer to use the small ones for most things.
e.j. 11:28 AM 06-01-2016
I slice them into sticks and the kids and I eat them raw. I also make zucchini breads/muffins, zucchini "pizza" (slice in half lengthwise, top with tomato sauce, mozzarella, and Hormel's mini-pepperonis and bake or broil), "zoodles" and there's a recipe I make with ground beef, tortellini, spaghetti sauce and zucchini that's pretty good.

My husband grows zucchini in his garden and when it starts coming so fast I can use it all, I shred some up in the food processor (not too much - just to the point where it looks grated), throw it in a Ziplock bag in one or two cup increments and freeze it. That way, I can make zucchini bread all winter. If you can't use yours up fast enough, you might want to try that.
e.j. 03:11 PM 06-01-2016
Just saw this recipe for Glazed Lemon Zucchini Bread that looks good. I may have to try making it sometime this summer: http://www.stonegableblog.com/glazed...ucchini-bread/
Unregistered 05:50 PM 06-02-2016
I have a yummy chocolate, chocolate chip zucchini cake recipe if you'd like it!
Reply Up