Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Dishwasher Hint
Meeko 12:16 PM 07-25-2018
Anybody use Lemishine in their dishwasher?

I started using it when they changed the soap formula. Great stuff! But expensive as I run my dishwasher several times a day.

A friend told me to look at the ingredients of Lemishine. Citric acid. So now I buy 10lb bags of citric acid off Amazon and works just the same for half the price. Walmart Lemishine works out to about 33c an ounce. Citric acid is 15c an ounce.
Cat Herder 12:56 PM 07-25-2018
I have never heard of it.

I use cascade complete pods. Makes it simple.
Snowmom 01:31 PM 07-25-2018
Interesting.

We recently moved and although we have what seems like a newer dishwasher, it really sucks at cleaning.
Even with the water softener and experimenting with different detergents and rinse aids- none seems to have made a difference.

Do you use it while running a load of dishes through or use it in a cycle to clean it?
hwichlaz 01:54 PM 07-25-2018
Originally Posted by Snowmom:
Interesting.

We recently moved and although we have what seems like a newer dishwasher, it really sucks at cleaning.
Even with the water softener and experimenting with different detergents and rinse aids- none seems to have made a difference.

Do you use it while running a load of dishes through or use it in a cycle to clean it?
I had the same problem in a new house. I put liquid plumber in the diswasher and hit the drain/cancel button until it was gone, then ran it once empty.
Snowmom 01:56 PM 07-25-2018
Originally Posted by hwichlaz:
I had the same problem in a new house. I put liquid plumber in the diswasher and hit the drain/cancel button until it was gone, then ran it once empty.
Huh.
I never thought it would be a drain issue. I'll try that. Thanks.
LysesKids 04:03 PM 07-25-2018
Originally Posted by Snowmom:
Interesting.

You might also check to see if the filter is clogged - yes, dishwashers have a small filter under the bottom rack; usually they twist out & can be cleaned with bleach after getting the gunk off it. I do this once a month - also, make sure the Heater coil is working. If that is fried your dishes wont come clean either, much less dry. Mine died at 4 years & I had to replace it, but loads of difference after
Meeko 01:20 PM 07-26-2018
If you live in a hard water area, the new dishwasher formulations are not strong enough to clean well (and products like Finish rinse agent etc are next to useless). There is a product called Lemishine that is added with the detergent and it works great, but can get expensive. I use the citric acid and the cloudy film on my glassware is completely gone.
Cat Herder 01:28 PM 07-26-2018
Originally Posted by Meeko:
If you live in a hard water area, the new dishwasher formulations are not strong enough to clean well (and products like Finish rinse agent etc are next to useless). There is a product called Lemishine that is added with the detergent and it works great, but can get expensive. I use the citric acid and the cloudy film on my glassware is completely gone.
Interesting.

I use it to make lavender bath bombs.
Tags:dishwasher, dishwasher soap, lemishine
Reply Up