Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>DCM Not Cooperating - WWYD?
Unregistered 08:54 AM 02-06-2018
Last week I decided to cap my hours, I now cap at 9hrs. Each family signed new contracts with contracted hours by their needs. I got all of the contracts back last week but 1.
DCM made excuse after excuse about signing the new contract. I told her I couldn't keep DCB unless she signed it. Yesterday (Monday) she showed up at her regular time and said the tuition and contract were in the bag and she left (quickly). After I got DCB in and settled, I retrieved the payment and the contract. I looked over it and immediately noticed it was greasy and she didn't fill in the specific hours but instead she wrote "9 hrs". I think DCM tried to pull a fast one on me because I added a hefty early-drop off and late pick-up fee. (She's notoriously known for picking up late) I explained everything to her verbally and in writing so she can't claim ignorance on this one.
So yesterday I sent home a new contract for her to fix and send back. She said okay and I also texted her to remind her but SHE SENT IT BACK BLANK and won't respond to my messages or calls. What should I do?
hwichlaz 08:58 AM 02-06-2018
Text or email "DCM, without a properly filled in contract, your child may not attend childcare. Please resolve this immediately. The contract is required for attendance, even if you are choosing to give notice over the change. "
TheMisplacedMidwestMom 08:59 AM 02-06-2018
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I told her I couldn't keep DCB unless she signed it.

I would do this.
MomBoss 08:59 AM 02-06-2018
If she cannot properly fill out the contract, i would deny care. Did you mention to the families when the new contracts would start to take place; like beginning of next month?
LysesKids 09:00 AM 02-06-2018
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Last week I decided to cap my hours, I now cap at 9hrs. Each family signed new contracts with contracted hours by their needs. I got all of the contracts back last week but 1.
DCM made excuse after excuse about signing the new contract. I told her I couldn't keep DCB unless she signed it. Yesterday (Monday) she showed up at her regular time and said the tuition and contract were in the bag and she left (quickly). After I got DCB in and settled, I retrieved the payment and the contract. I looked over it and immediately noticed it was greasy and she didn't fill in the specific hours but instead she wrote "9 hrs". I think DCM tried to pull a fast one on me because I added a hefty early-drop off and late pick-up fee. (She's notoriously known for picking up late) I explained everything to her verbally and in writing so she can't claim ignorance on this one.
So yesterday I sent home a new contract for her to fix and send back. She said okay and I also texted her to remind her but SHE SENT IT BACK BLANK and won't respond to my messages or calls. What should I do?
Term immediately; she is disrespectful of your policies & contract. No signed contract agreeing to the terms means she doesn't want care in my eyes,. Not all parents get that they don't pull the strings
Ariana 09:30 AM 02-06-2018
Hello DCM,
It seems we are having issues regarding the new contract. If the contract is not filled out in full and returned by X date then please consider X DCBs last day with us.
daycarediva 09:58 AM 02-06-2018
Originally Posted by Ariana:
Hello DCM,
It seems we are having issues regarding the new contract. If the contract is not filled out in full and returned by X date then please consider X DCBs last day with us.

mommyneedsadayoff 11:07 AM 02-06-2018
It sounds like she might be looking for other care and is stalling so she doesn't sign a contract she can't fulfill. Ask her at pick up to fill it out before leaving. If she won't, then follow through on what you said...don't care for the child. Suspend services till paperwork is filled out completely and properly.
lovemykidstoo 11:20 AM 02-06-2018
Originally Posted by mommyneedsadayoff:
It sounds like she might be looking for other care and is stalling so she doesn't sign a contract she can't fulfill. Ask her at pick up to fill it out before leaving. If she won't, then follow through on what you said...don't care for the child. Suspend services till paperwork is filled out completely and properly.
That's what I would do. Print another contract and have it in your hand when she drops off in the morning or picks up tonight. Fill it out on the spot. If she won't, then term.
BrynleeJean 11:52 AM 02-06-2018
id have to say it depends on if the parent is a good parent, like if they are usually respectful and pay on time and respect me as a childcare provider and my rules usually then id give them another chance.

if not, if this is a usual behavior for the parent then i would bother giving them the opportunity for a second, third, fourth, chance. Its easier said than done but it should be done, you don't need parents that can't be accountable in your childcare.
Tags:parents - don't cooperate
Reply Up