Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Opinion On Potential DCK
dingledine 07:59 PM 10-07-2013
I did an interview today. I have one spot open now, and two opening in January. I am in NO rush to fill them though, so I am being careful as to who I accept.

I interviewed this family today. The little girl seems quite nice, albeit a bit unkempt. The parents didn't think to remove their shoes upon entering my house, and I decided to just overlook it this time, as in general, they won't be walking in past the entry area, if they are picking up/dropping off.

The little girl is a good fit, because she is the same age as the other two girls that I watch, one of which is my daughter. The parents seems nice enough, the issue that I have is that they smoke, clearly. They smell of it.

I don't have allergies, and so forth, and I don't know how this is going to affect the smell of my house in general. It wasn't a really a BAD smell, just bad enough if I got close to them. I didn't get close enough to the girl, to really get a good whiff to see if it was on her, but my daughter was playing right next to her. I could ask her, but she is four, she might not have noticed.

Opinions? I think they are interested, although I could be wrong. They have one more place to interview with tomorrow, and the last one, they weren't thrilled with. My prices are low/midrange at 800.00 including food, and I live very close to them... within a few blocks.

My husband said no... because I mentioned the smoke smell. In the end, I get to decide though... so I want more opinions...

Oh... and the little girl doesn't currently nap, so I would have to train her into that, as we DO nap here. It is an important part of my sanity, and if she is playing quietly somewhere, I have to watch that, and I have a VERY light sleeper, so I already tip-toe around the house.
Tags:interview, potential client
Up