Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>You Have To Pay For Friday?
Play Care 03:10 AM 02-02-2017
I have a very PT infant in care. This week she has been sick, so she came yesterday and at 3:00 spiked a 101 fever. Call for pick up. Mom asked about coming Friday and I said sure.

But, I don't think she realizes Friday would be an additional daily fee. That what she paid last week was for her two scheduled days (one of which she will miss today)

I want to send an email letting her know that while she's welcome to come Friday since I have space, the daily fee is due. I didn't think of it when she asked, but we can all be fairly sure she's thinking she's "paid" for a day...
childcaremom 03:50 AM 02-02-2017
Originally Posted by Play Care:
I have a very PT infant in care. This week she has been sick, so she came yesterday and at 3:00 spiked a 101 fever. Call for pick up. Mom asked about coming Friday and I said sure.

But, I don't think she realizes Friday would be an additional daily fee. That what she paid last week was for her two scheduled days (one of which she will miss today)

I want to send an email letting her know that while she's welcome to come Friday since I have space, the daily fee is due. I didn't think of it when she asked, but we can all be fairly sure she's thinking she's "paid" for a day...
Maybe send an email and address the fever issue. As long as it's been 24 hours without meds, etc. And then a little ps type note: Just so you are aware, if he does come on Friday, the charge is $x and is payable night before (or however you do it). Please confirm Thursday by x pm whether or not little one will be in attendance.
Gemma 04:14 AM 02-02-2017
I find it very upsetting that we constantly have to state the obvious with some parents
Play Care 04:57 AM 02-02-2017
Originally Posted by Gemma:
I find it very upsetting that we constantly have to state the obvious with some parents
Me too.
Blackcat31 07:12 AM 02-02-2017
Just send her an invoice with the correct amount.

If she doesn't understand why the charges are $x she can ask.

That way you aren't having to state the obvious and you are leaving it up to her to either figure it out on her own or ask on her own.
thrivingchildcarecom 08:39 AM 02-02-2017
Maybe she will surprise you! LOL but if not just make sure that when she comes on Friday she knows that she has to pay the tuition. Sometimes we can't get around confronting the issue when we need to. I would say very matter-of-factly and maybe she'll just understand.
daycarediva 09:31 AM 02-02-2017
Originally Posted by childcaremom:
Maybe send an email and address the fever issue. As long as it's been 24 hours without meds, etc. And then a little ps type note: Just so you are aware, if he does come on Friday, the charge is $x and is payable night before (or however you do it). Please confirm Thursday by x pm whether or not little one will be in attendance.
This is what I would do, too.

Hey dcm, we would be happy to have dcg attend Friday as long as her fever has been gone for 24 hours with medication. Your updated total for the additional day is X. Thanks!

jenboo 11:13 AM 02-02-2017
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Just send her an invoice with the correct amount.

If she doesn't understand why the charges are $x she can ask.

That way you aren't having to state the obvious and you are leaving it up to her to either figure it out on her own or ask on her own.
This is what i do. Keeps it less awkward and avoids confrontation.

My invoice would say something like
2/3/17 extra day $35
Reply Up