Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Daycare and Taxes

Daycare and Taxes All things related to Taxes and running a Daycare post here. Topics of tax exemptions, forms, filings, tax write offs, IRS etc.

Old 09-09-2020, 12:22 PM
Daycare.com Member

Default Tax Deduction for Health Insurance During Shut Down

We have been shut down since the mid-March shelter in place orders. We are now permitted to be open, but have remained closed. We intend to reopen, but not until either the new virus infection-case rate declines markedly or a viable vaccine is available. My wife runs the daycare, and I help out somewhat. Due to my age (73) I'm in a high risk age group and we don't feel the risk is justified.
So my question is what part of the health insurance will be tax deductible?

Thank you,
Jim
Old 09-10-2020, 10:02 AM
Business Author/Trainer

Default health insurance

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJ035 View Post
We have been shut down since the mid-March shelter in place orders. We are now permitted to be open, but have remained closed. We intend to reopen, but not until either the new virus infection-case rate declines markedly or a viable vaccine is available. My wife runs the daycare, and I help out somewhat. Due to my age (73) I'm in a high risk age group and we don't feel the risk is justified.
So my question is what part of the health insurance will be tax deductible?

Thank you,
Jim
You can't deduct health insurance as a business expense unless you have set up a Health Reimbursement Account (HRA). You may be able to deduct some of these expenses if you itemize your taxes. See my article: http://tomcopelandblog.com/how-can-y...dical-expenses

Tags
closures, deduction - health insurance, deduction - insurance, health insurance, personal choice, self employed, tax, time space percentage, time space percentage - limits