Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What Should I Make With...
snowborden1 10:26 AM 05-16-2011
empty clean veggie cans? I have been saving them for a creative moment but it hasn't hit me yet. I can see hubby look at them on the kitchen counter every time he goes in there, lol! I feel obligated to do something with them as they really are an eye sore stacking up on the counter Any ideas? All my dck are just barley 2 and 1.
wdmmom 10:29 AM 05-16-2011
My daycare kids and I are using our cans to grow flowers in.

Any leftovers will be recycled.

Look at www.kaboose.com for craft ideas too!
melskids 10:45 AM 05-16-2011
windchimes?
Cat Herder 11:04 AM 05-16-2011
Coin banks?
snowborden1 11:16 AM 05-16-2011
Originally Posted by wdmmom:
My daycare kids and I are using our cans to grow flowers in.

Any leftovers will be recycled.

Look at www.kaboose.com for craft ideas too!
I LOVE this site!!! It is full of ideas! Thank you
Meeko 11:19 AM 05-16-2011
Bake banana bread or cake in them! We do this for Christmas gifts. We bake banana bread in the cans and after they cool, we decorate the cans with paper etc. The recipient just has to run a knife around the inside and the bread falls right out! (Make sure to grease and flour well)

I also use empty tuna cans for crayons. The kids would fight over a bigger container staying the middle of the table....so now everyone gets a container!

I save formula cans and have dozens of them all covered in cute paper in our storage room. They are all labelled clearly. Nails, screws, batteries, washers, screwdrivers, etc etc. Some are open (screwdrivers) some are closed (nails etc) and therefore stackable)

I'm a real Scrooge when it comes to spending money when I can recycle stuff! I could have spent a fortune buying storage pieces for our storage room. But it looks nice and it was FREE! (OK...I bought the contact paper...LOL!)
PitterPatter 11:32 AM 05-16-2011
Originally Posted by Meeko60:
Bake banana bread or cake in them! We do this for Christmas gifts. We bake banana bread in the cans and after they cool, we decorate the cans with paper etc. The recipient just has to run a knife around the inside and the bread falls right out! (Make sure to grease and flour well)

I also use empty tuna cans for crayons. The kids would fight over a bigger container staying the middle of the table....so now everyone gets a container!

I save formula cans and have dozens of them all covered in cute paper in our storage room. They are all labelled clearly. Nails, screws, batteries, washers, screwdrivers, etc etc. Some are open (screwdrivers) some are closed (nails etc) and therefore stackable)

I'm a real Scrooge when it comes to spending money when I can recycle stuff! I could have spent a fortune buying storage pieces for our storage room. But it looks nice and it was FREE! (OK...I bought the contact paper...LOL!)
I'm going to swipe a few of those idea thank u!

I have a workbend in the basement full of mess this would be perfect! Now off to plan some canned food into our meals!
snowborden1 11:35 AM 05-16-2011
YAY! All sorts of ideas!!! I will be able to tell hubby to say bye bye to our collection of cans! hahaha
Kaddidle Care 02:01 PM 05-16-2011
I like the plant container idea. Let the little ones paint the outside and spray it with a sealant/laquer type paint.
QualiTcare 02:40 PM 05-16-2011
tin can telephones! i'm sure the kids have seen them in cartoons.
missnikki 04:13 PM 05-16-2011
Fill them with different things and tape parchment paper or plastic on it to cover it, use as drums and rattles for music class.
missnikki 04:14 PM 05-16-2011
Oh, how about have them decorate a piece of paper cut to fit around it, and give as a gift for Father's Day (a pencil holder)?
Tags:creative, creative moment
Reply Up