Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Loud Dad EARLY In The Morning
My4SunshineGirlsNY 03:59 AM 04-20-2012
My daycare brothers come between 5:50-6:15 in the morning. My kids and my husband are still sleeping at this time. The daycare dad drops the kids off and he doesn't lower his voice much and every morning my husband can hear him and wakes him up.

I don't even know how to curve this without coming across as rude. I'm not a blunt person so I'm afraid if I say something it will sound rude. To me its common sence and respect but I guess others don't think, they feel they have been up and it's time for THEIR day and don't think others are still resting.
DaisyMamma 04:09 AM 04-20-2012
That's tough. You just need to remind him that people are asleep. Say if you could whisper or talk quietly at drop off that would be great. My family is still asleep. Thank you!
This is why I no longer allow early arrivals.
SunshineMama 04:12 AM 04-20-2012
Originally Posted by My4SunshineGirlsNY:
My daycare brothers come between 5:50-6:15 in the morning. My kids and my husband are still sleeping at this time. The daycare dad drops the kids off and he doesn't lower his voice much and every morning my husband can hear him and wakes him up.

I don't even know how to curve this without coming across as rude. I'm not a blunt person so I'm afraid if I say something it will sound rude. To me its common sence and respect but I guess others don't think, they feel they have been up and it's time for THEIR day and don't think others are still resting.
Make a sign and tape it to your door:

"Shhh, baby sleeping." (Or something to that effect)
DBug 04:34 AM 04-20-2012
Whisper when you're talking to him too -- it might clue him in. I had to do that for a mom that would pick up during nap (long gone now, thank goodness). It took a few days of me whispering and shushing the dcg ("Remember to whisper, Dcg, your friends are still sleeping."), but she did get it eventually.
saved4always 04:47 AM 04-20-2012
My husband doesn't mind of I "blame" things like this on him. I would tell him that my husband is sleeping and is very cranky all day if he is woken up before 7 a.m. so could dcd please whisper when he drops off so you don't have to deal with a cranky husband. (or baby or whatever works)
momma2girls 05:05 AM 04-20-2012
I would definately say something. I know even if you whisper or talk quietly, they don't get the hint, or they don't want to take the hint!!! That is one of the reasons, I do not allow early droop offs.
Childminder 06:17 AM 04-20-2012
I have had parents like this that are consistently loud when they come in and most of then have their radios blaring so loud in the car that it's a wonder that it doesn't wake everyone. I have tried the sign, whispering, and shushing people with my finger to my lips. Sometimes these work and parents get it, sometimes they get it but forget the very next day. I have found that if I smile and in a quiet voice tell them that if they wake up the child they will be taking him/her to work with them it works the best for me.
Zoe 06:21 AM 04-20-2012
It's not rude to ask that he is VERY quiet that early in the morning. Just straight out say with a smile on your face. My children and husband are still sleeping so please whisper. Say it before he even walks into the door.

The first time a parent comes into my house on their first day (if they come at an early hour), that's the FIRST thing I tell them so that they know my expectations. Be clear with dad.
Blackcat31 06:24 AM 04-20-2012
You basically only have two options:

You can try subtle hints, signs and whispering yourself and then hope some or all of those "hints" work or

You can be blunt (which may be hard but necessary) and simply say "Dude, you are loud! Could you be a bit quieter during drop offs?" and KNOW that you will get results.

Speaking up and saying what needs to be said is tough but in this job, you either need to learn how or let resentment and frustration build and be a daily part of your life.

We have your back and support you so SPEAK UP sistah!!!
Breezy 06:52 AM 04-20-2012
sign on the door: Wake 'em you take 'em
MizzCheryl 09:12 AM 04-20-2012
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
You basically only have two options:

You can try subtle hints, signs and whispering yourself and then hope some or all of those "hints" work or

You can be blunt (which may be hard but necessary) and simply say "Dude, you are loud! Could you be a bit quieter during drop offs?" and KNOW that you will get results.

Speaking up and saying what needs to be said is tough but in this job, you either need to learn how or let resentment and frustration build and be a daily part of your life.

We have your back and support you so SPEAK UP sistah!!!

CheekyChick 09:15 AM 04-20-2012
Originally Posted by lymemomma:
That's tough. You just need to remind him that people are asleep. Say if you could whisper or talk quietly at drop off that would be great. My family is still asleep. Thank you!This is why I no longer allow early arrivals.
Exactly what I would do...
daycare 09:20 AM 04-20-2012
oh I have had these families and early drop off in the past.

I told the parents, please remember that I am doing you a favor by taking your children in before I am even open. Also remember that we are not only a daycare business, but we are a HOME where families live. Please respect my family and neighbors by arriving and entering my home quietly.

I ended up with a sign on the door that said:

All families arriving before 7:30am PLEASE WHISPER upon entry. (my husband worked nights at that time and was often just getting to bed right before the kids arrival)

Also, DCD and DCKs will get the hint if you always answer the door using a whisper voice and often say, shhhhh *** is still sleeping, please don't wake them up.
KEG123 02:02 PM 04-21-2012
I normally direct the shushing at the children. "Remember, R is upstairs sleeping still. So lets use quiet voices!"
Meeko 07:50 AM 04-22-2012
Tell him
"Somebody needs to use his inside voice"
JenNJ 10:34 AM 04-22-2012
Can you meet them outside for drop off? Just tell dad that he and the kids are too loud in the mornings so you will bring them inside.

I wouldn't be waking my whole family for an inconsiderate person. It puts everyone in a bad mood first thing in the morning. I don't mess with the balance of my family any more than needed with the daycare!
Tags:loud talker, parents - are clueless, parents - inconsiderate
Reply Up