Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Get This Kid To Sleep!!
Jordan 10:18 AM 09-20-2012
I have a 16 month old who needs to be rocked to sleep, then won't stay asleep for more than 20 mins, I don't have time to soothe her back to sleep ever 20 mins! She becomes hysterical when she wakes up and there's no adult with her! She can't sleep with the other kids, shes a screacher! Advice, please!!!
Unregistered 10:46 AM 09-20-2012
Originally Posted by Jordan:
I have a 16 month old who needs to be rocked to sleep, then won't stay asleep for more than 20 mins, I don't have time to soothe her back to sleep ever 20 mins! She becomes hysterical when she wakes up and there's no adult with her! She can't sleep with the other kids, shes a screacher! Advice, please!!!
Stop rocking her. Take care of all her needs and then put her down, and leave the room. Put her down first and if she wakes up in 20 minutes let her do what she has to do until she learns to calm herself. She knows that if she cries, you will come running. Have three days of Hedouble hockey sticks and she will get it. It might take longer then this and if your persistent and don't give her the attention she wants, she will learn. Its hard! Kudos to you and your little group. Plan on no break for yourself until you can get her to join the rest of the group for sleep. Hugs to you- makes for a very long trying day.
Tags:won't sleep
Reply Up