Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>2 Different Kids?
fortheleastofthese 06:07 AM 10-21-2011
Hi. I am new to this forum, my name is Tina and 31, and a nanny. I also do much childrens ministry at church as a AWANA leader and Sunday school teacher. In August I went on a short term missions trip to Rwanda and Ethiopia. Which I plan to return to Ethiopia next year to work with the kids who live in the city dump long term. Now that I have introduced myself here is my question.....

I recently started working for a new family. I started a month before hrr due date with her almost 3 year old. Now the baby is a month and she us home 2 more months on maternity leave. Her son is like 2 kids! I am not used to this as kids normallye warm to me. When I come over he runs to his mom crying. This morning when she dropped him off at my house, he was screaming and crying. But the moment we came inside he ran to the toys hapoy as can be. She asks me often if he crys the whole time she is gone. But he only acts this way when me and her are together. I want to put her and him at ease. How can I help this process?

Tina
Tags:changing of the guard, nannyde, transitioning
Up