Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 10-28-2011, 08:19 AM

Default DCG Lying

So this morning, mom says to me that her daughter said how dcb scratched her so she told me and I spanked the boy. WHAT! Never happened. Mom said she didnt' see any scratches on her and didn't know if she was making things up. Well, hello! Yes she was making it up. This girl is really irking me. Same girl who doesn't "need" a nap and whose mom thinks the world revolves around her dd and everyone else has issues but not her daughter.
This girl also lied before how my son pulled her hair, sat on her, and more. All of it not true. This girl is the one who does stuff to the other kids. She will take food for the other kids plates, shove them and more if they don't do what she wants. I only have her 3 days/week the other 2 days she's with g-parents. So of coure, she gets away with a lot there to. She helps her g-ma at the stove. She still tries to get a step stool and stand at the stove when I'm cooking, evern though I tell her she can't do that here.
Old 10-28-2011, 08:25 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissa ann View Post
So this morning, mom says to me that her daughter said how dcb scratched her so she told me and I spanked the boy. WHAT! Never happened. Mom said she didnt' see any scratches on her and didn't know if she was making things up. Well, hello! Yes she was making it up. This girl is really irking me. Same girl who doesn't "need" a nap and whose mom thinks the world revolves around her dd and everyone else has issues but not her daughter.
This girl also lied before how my son pulled her hair, sat on her, and more. All of it not true. This girl is the one who does stuff to the other kids. She will take food for the other kids plates, shove them and more if they don't do what she wants. I only have her 3 days/week the other 2 days she's with g-parents. So of coure, she gets away with a lot there to. She helps her g-ma at the stove. She still tries to get a step stool and stand at the stove when I'm cooking, evern though I tell her she can't do that here.
That is scary and I think I would seriously think about terming! Scary stuff!
Old 10-28-2011, 08:57 AM
Preschool Teacher

Quote:
I would make sure to document.....and maybe share with DHS. I had a girl tell her grandpa that I choked her and I was closed for 2 months for an investigation. I might consider terming her as well. This stuff freaks me out.
Old 10-28-2011, 03:00 PM

If you can afford too, TERMINATE HER ASAP.

The parents will always believe their daughter over you and will ruin your DC and trash your name aswell.
Old 10-28-2011, 03:56 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Moderator

I recall someone on here talking about a DCB that was making up stories about the DCP throwing a little baby aganist a wall.

The DCB made up all kinds of stories....Ugh scary. Not sure if I could deal with that or not.

I had a little girl awhile back she was 3.5 and she made up lots of stories.

So one day after the parents complained about their child getting hit and bitten almost everyday, I got down to eye level with her in front of mom and dad and said, so I heard that so and so bit you and so and so hit you. When did this happen? She said oh rember one time a long time ago when xyz hit me. I said yes that was a long time ago. You could see the look on her face BUSTED!!

Lucky for me, the parents then realized that she was also making up stories at home as well...

But if it were more than that I don't know if I could handle that.... I think I would talk to the mom and say hey look, XYZ is making up a lot of stories. I hope you know that this is very typical of children at this age, however, it bothers me that she tells stories that involve me harming children.
I am sure if you talk the parents they will more than likely listen....Worth a shot??
Old 10-29-2011, 05:59 PM

Might be the mom asking specific questions about you possibly spanking at daycare and then later the girl making up a story involving spanking. This type of behavior is pretty normal and usually starts around 4-5 yrs old. The imagination is pretty active at this time. I would Google "lying and children" and see if there are any articles that you could pass on to mom that says this type of 'lying' is in fact normal.
Old 10-31-2011, 03:26 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:

Could she be doing this for attention? Specifically your attention. You said that Mom thinks that the sun doesn't rise until she gets up so maybe she used to being the center of attention. Does she have siblings?
Old 10-31-2011, 03:34 PM
Daycare.com Member

Sigh. This is partly why I have the security cams running at all times. I want to be able to protect myself against false accusations even if they come from a 3 year old.
Old 11-01-2011, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm View Post
Could she be doing this for attention? Specifically your attention. You said that Mom thinks that the sun doesn't rise until she gets up so maybe she used to being the center of attention. Does she have siblings?
She's an only child.
Old 11-01-2011, 08:40 AM
Advanced Daycare.com

Give notice that next Friday will be your last day.

Start advertising today!
Old 09-27-2013, 06:38 PM
New Daycare.com Member

I documented everything and had mom sign it today at pick up. I also talked to mom and explained his new phase and told her that I didn't want it to effect my business or my license. I told her that I network with other providers that say that they terminate for this behavior. I told her that we loved their family and would hate to go that route but we didn't want her to stay if she was uncomfortable or worried. She assured me that she had no worries and trusted us. She said she had seen that behavior at home as well so she wasn't surprised. She even offered to write something up for my licensor if needed stating that she knew he makes up stories. It all went really well and I am happy with how the conversation went.
Old 09-27-2013, 07:02 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmmom View Post
Give notice that next Friday will be your last day.

Start advertising today!
Old 09-27-2013, 07:10 PM

Ok, this thread is 2 years old?
Old 09-28-2013, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharlan View Post
Ok, this thread is 2 years old?
I think JLH meant to post the resolution/update in her own thread on this subject and accidentally posted it here by mistake.
Old 09-28-2013, 07:50 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsp'slilpeeps View Post
If you can afford too, TERMINATE HER ASAP.

The parents will always believe their daughter over you and will ruin your DC and trash your name aswell.

Although in my case it wasn't abusive things, I have a DCG tell her parents I wasn't nice to them and other things. And since she can do no wrong...

Tags
accusations, lie, trouble maker