Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Open Daycare Center - Sell a Daycare - Rent a Daycare - Buy a Daycare

Open Daycare Center - Sell a Daycare - Rent a Daycare - Buy a Daycare Daycare.com Forum does not allow for advertising but if you are a member trying to Buy, Sell, or Lease a facility, we encourage you to use this thread. (Admin reserves the right to remove any post deemed unworthy)

Old 05-02-2019, 04:24 PM
Daycare.com Member

Default Where to Start in Atlanta, Need a Location for Home Daycare

I live in ATL southern area and I wanted to open a home daycare. The bright start licensing requirement are strict and I found out my subdivision will not allow me to have it there (zoning issues, HOA). So my lease is up in July and I don't know my next step. Where should I look and what questions should I ask landlords to find a place to allow me to start one. Are there alternatives to all these subdivision or private owners.
Old 05-02-2019, 04:37 PM
Admin & Owner-Daycare.com

Welcome to the forum. Here are some threads regarding zoning: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.php?tag=zoning
Old 05-03-2019, 05:49 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Atlanta loves to tell homeowners what they can and can't do with their own property. The further you get from the center, the easier it becomes.

Know that the further out you go the lower the reimbursement and tuition rates are, too. Often that is offset by the also lower cost of homes in general, so may be a wash.

Tags
atlanta, lease - georgia, rent - georgia, starting a daycare, zoning