Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Flu Mist
Sprouts 04:53 AM 10-04-2011
I checked online for any side effects of this, but do you allow children who receive this to come back within same day, 24 hour, or so on, or does it even matter?
godiva83 05:06 AM 10-04-2011
What is flu mist? A flu shot?
If it is like a flu shot, I would suggest they stay home the day they receive it as it can make you feel awful, and Parents should be on stand by to come get their little ones just incase
Sprouts 05:08 AM 10-04-2011
Its when they spray the vaccine up your nose instead of a shot
godiva83 05:30 AM 10-04-2011
Oh interesting- I will have to look into it!
MsMe 05:49 AM 10-04-2011
I have gotten the mist in the past. It is nice to avoid the shot. Make sure you have a drink handy because it drains down the back of your throat like no other. bleck!
wahmof3 06:56 AM 10-04-2011
I think this is a great question. My concern with the flu mist is that it is a weakened live virus. I have a family that does get the mist yet have a hard time finding info on it as far as if its safe to return to within 24 hours child care/school.

http://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/qa/nasalspray.htm
AnneCordelia 07:34 AM 10-04-2011
I have had a few bad reactions to vaccines in the past and now require that my DCKs stay home for 48 hours after any vaccine. Most of my DCPs plan their appts for Friday afternoons. Our small town has a walk-in clinic open all weekend where our local family doctors rotate, and all my clients can even go there on Sat morning or as late as 8pm on Friday night, so I don't feel I'm putting them out any.
meganlavonnesmommy 08:18 AM 10-04-2011
My whole family has gotten the mist the last few years, and we never have any reactions. I dont exclude kids until they are showing symptoms. If they are fine, then no reason to keep them at home. If they start running a fever, then I call the parents.
Sprouts 09:43 PM 10-06-2011
What do you if they are coughing all over everyone and everything? No fever though......=/
Tags:flu, flu - mist vaccine, vaccinations
Reply Up