Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Brand New Playroom!!!
EchoMom 07:18 PM 09-07-2012
OMG I'm exhausted but it is SO worth it!

I have a split level house (walk in and immediately go up or down stairs). It used to be that my house was upstairs and was also my main daycare area:

Upstairs
kitchen/dining/activity area
nap/diaper room
living room/play area
master beddroom (off limits except for older DCK to get on computer)

Downstairs
Playroom

I have 3 infants & 3 toddlers so evertime we went downstairs I'd have to make sure everyone's diaper was good, bring bottles if they'd need them in the next hour, and then make THREE trips up and down the stairs carrying each baby down...

Well, I switched my master bedroom and playroom!!!! I moved my entire bedroom downstairs and the entire playroom upstairs!!!! WHEW!!! This will be SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much better, but SOOOOOOOOOOOOO much work!!!
cheerfuldom 07:20 PM 09-07-2012
goodness, you do have a young group. yay, my house is basically set up the same way and one of the reasons why I only take one child under 12 months at a time is because it is too much to be going up and downstairs with multiple babies. we also added a small fridge, counter space and cabinets in the playroom so I dont have to go up and down all day....so yeah, totally understand where you are coming from!

i am glad you got it all worked out and hope everything runs a bit smoother now! Id love to see new pics of your arrangement. i never would have thought of moving the bedroom down to the basement.
Reply Up