Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Batten Down The Hatches-The Flu Has Struck
Sunchimes 09:03 AM 11-19-2014
I have a husband with Cold and a medically fragile preemie lung baby. I required flu shots this year. One family dawdled and didn't get them until Nov 5, which means that they weren't effective until today. DCB got sent home from school Monday. Saw the doctor today and he tested positive. Luckily he is a SA sibling. Mom only let him come as far as the door at pick up, so he was only around his brother. Mom swears he was quarantined the past 3 datys, except for sitting side by side in the car. We are keeping a close eye on brother first hint of anything wrong, he's out of here. In the meantime, baby is spending a lot of time in the other room with hubby.
Thriftylady 09:13 AM 11-19-2014
Ugh. I can't get a flu shot, and after how sick I got after one a few years ago, I don't allow my family to anymore either. I honestly thought I was going to die from that darn flu shot. I dread it every year.
Blackcat31 10:08 AM 11-19-2014
Originally Posted by Thriftylady:
Ugh. I can't get a flu shot, and after how sick I got after one a few years ago, I don't allow my family to anymore either. I honestly thought I was going to die from that darn flu shot. I dread it every year.
How did you get sick from the flu shot?

It's not possible according to the CDC. http://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/qa/misconceptions.htm

You could have had a reaction to the vaccine but then there are other options available.
Annalee 10:18 AM 11-19-2014
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
How did you get sick from the flu shot?

It's not possible according to the CDC. http://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/qa/misconceptions.htm

You could have had a reaction to the vaccine but then there are other options available.
My husband got deathly sick after his flu shot and the dr since has NOT given him one.....doctor isn't sure what happened but he hasn't given my hubby one since and this dr is a big flu shot fan.... we even wondered if my hubs could be allergic!?
Blackcat31 10:32 AM 11-19-2014
Originally Posted by Annalee:
My husband got deathly sick after his flu shot and the dr since has NOT given him one.....doctor isn't sure what happened but he hasn't given my hubby one since and this dr is a big flu shot fan.... we even wondered if my hubs could be allergic!?
That's what I've heard too...that it is some sort of allergic reaction to the vaccine ingredients but I've also heard that they are formulating multiple types/kinds of vaccines so that people who have had reactions can still get the vaccines.

I think my clinic said there are 3 different types available now. Don't quote me on that though...
Annalee 10:37 AM 11-19-2014
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
That's what I've heard too...that it is some sort of allergic reaction to the vaccine ingredients but I've also heard that they are formulating multiple types/kinds of vaccines so that people who have had reactions can still get the vaccines.

I think my clinic said there are 3 different types available now. Don't quote me on that though...
His symptoms were like the FLU....a severe case at that....
Reply Up