Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>For Those of You Who Have Teacher's Children
childcaremom 12:54 PM 03-08-2016
and don't have them enrolled through the summer months. Do you have a transition period for September or do you expect for them to return and ready to go with the program?

Thanks!
Baby Beluga 01:03 PM 03-08-2016
I currently have two teacher families and went part time over last summer. The first week where everyone was back full time I did a "re-education week" where we went over routine, regular rules, etc. It seemed to help.
Play Care 01:11 PM 03-08-2016
The teacher's kids I've had have had no issues re-adjusting in September so it never seemed necessary. That said, I have one teacher family this year and I think I may have to with their kids.
Blackcat31 02:23 PM 03-08-2016
I no longer offer options I used to but when I did, I required care to "resume as normal" by mid August or two full weeks prior to school starting so that those two weeks were the adjustment back into normal care.

When September rolled around then, everyone was ready.
childcaremom 03:45 AM 03-09-2016
Originally Posted by Play Care:
The teacher's kids I've had have had no issues re-adjusting in September so it never seemed necessary. That said, I have one teacher family this year and I think I may have to with their kids.
This is my issue, as well. It took a long time for her to adjust and was a lot of work on my part. She is a darling and good fit, now, but I wasn't so sure we would make it.

I am leaning towards allowing 2 weeks (not my normal 4 for initial transitioning) for re-integration so best for her to prep at home leading up to Sept.
DaveA 03:57 AM 03-09-2016
I have one teacher family. I charge my reserve rate (half fee) during the summer, and he comes 2 days a week during the summer. I doubt he would have transition issues regardless, but this helps with that and gives his folks some days to get stuff done.
Tags:teachers as clients
Reply Up