Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Decided To Term The Family Recently Enrolled
Little Star75 08:37 AM 05-16-2013
So... After giving it some thought I decided to term the DCP with the 2 dcg, the DCP that expects me to feed them snack and dinner because she doesn't want to cook, lol.
This DCP is through a local subsidized program that pays ok, the problem is the DCP schedule. DCP is scheduled evenings up until 6:30 girls come out from school at 4 which I provide transportation (4.5 miles away). DCP picks up most days at 4:30, I'm guaranteed an evening rate ( aft 5:30pm) only if DCP picks up everyday after 5:30. If DCP picks up at 5:30 2 days and the rest of the week 4:30 then I don't get paid the 10% evening rate. I'm Missing out on the pay, the weekly rate I was given is only if DCP puts in certain hours a week. Since DCP is PT I'm supposed to be paid xxx. I enrolled this family last Wednesday and have only attended 3 days so far. I know I won't get paid enough so it's not worth my time. If I knew DCP would pick up between 6 and 6pm I would definitely keep them since they will be out of school soon and will become FT. But for now I don't think it's worth it. I already drive 4.5 miles each way to pick up dcg for her to pick up at 4:30... No, it's not going to work.

Hope this makes sense

Ow I'm down to dck but hopefully I get SA during the summer.
bunnyslippers 08:54 AM 05-16-2013
You have to do what is best for you. If the family doesn't fit, move and start advertising! It is great that you recognized it isn't going to work.
Sugar Magnolia 11:30 AM 05-16-2013
But didn't you know all of this when you accepted them into care?
Michelle 12:41 PM 05-16-2013
Originally Posted by Little Star75:
So... After giving it some thought I decided to term the DCP with the 2 dcg, the DCP that expects me to feed them snack and dinner because she doesn't want to cook, lol.
This DCP is through a local subsidized program that pays ok, the problem is the DCP schedule. DCP is scheduled evenings up until 6:30 girls come out from school at 4 which I provide transportation (4.5 miles away). DCP picks up most days at 4:30, I'm guaranteed an evening rate ( aft 5:30pm) only if DCP picks up everyday after 5:30. If DCP picks up at 5:30 2 days and the rest of the week 4:30 then I don't get paid the 10% evening rate. I'm Missing out on the pay, the weekly rate I was given is only if DCP puts in certain hours a week. Since DCP is PT I'm supposed to be paid xxx. I enrolled this family last Wednesday and have only attended 3 days so far. I know I won't get paid enough so it's not worth my time. If I knew DCP would pick up between 6 and 6pm I would definitely keep them since they will be out of school soon and will become FT. But for now I don't think it's worth it. I already drive 4.5 miles each way to pick up dcg for her to pick up at 4:30... No, it's not going to work.

Hope this makes sense

Ow I'm down to dck but hopefully I get SA during the summer.
That 30 minutes after 6 pm is considered after hours care...
you should have been getting payed for this!
I have 2 school age kids that I take care of from 6 a.m.- 8:30 am..then they go to school...I get them at 3 pm and keep them til 7 or 8 pm most days mon-fri and I get $1400.00 a moth just for them because of the moms hours.
Sometimes it is worth staying open a little longer and getting the amount of money most providers would get watching 1-2 babies all day long!

so make sure you get that overtime... check with gain or whatever r and r she is signed up with so you can get that money...plus your 2 weeks notice pay! It might be in your contract with the state! make sure you read it.
Little Star75 02:07 PM 05-16-2013
Originally Posted by Sugar Magnolia:
But didn't you know all of this when you accepted them into care?
Yes but I was expecting DCP to pick up until 6:30 not 30 minutes later I pick them up from school. I'm losing money this way, it would be better if she would stick to her schedule.
Little Star75 02:12 PM 05-16-2013
Originally Posted by Michelle:
That 30 minutes after 6 pm is considered after hours care...
you should have been getting payed for this!
I have 2 school age kids that I take care of from 6 a.m.- 8:30 am..then they go to school...I get them at 3 pm and keep them til 7 or 8 pm most days mon-fri and I get $1400.00 a moth just for them because of the moms hours.
Sometimes it is worth staying open a little longer and getting the amount of money most providers would get watching 1-2 babies all day long!

so make sure you get that overtime... check with gain or whatever r and r she is signed up with so you can get that money...plus your 2 weeks notice pay! It might be in your contract with the state! make sure you read it.

Exactly , the problem with this DCP she isn't picking up at her scheduled time, she's picking up way too early. I'm losing money this way, according to her schedule dcg would be here from after school 4pm until 6:30-7pm M-F and some Saturdays. I would get paid for the evening rate but since she's picking up too early I'm not getting paid for it. At this point I don't even know what I will get paid. I have to wait until June 20th to get paid
Tags:subsidy, terminate - no trust
Reply Up