Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I Am Done!!
williams2008 12:03 PM 05-31-2013
I have come to the conclusion that the 8 month old dcg I care for has got to go. She has screamed on and off every since I laid everyone down for nap. I go check on her to make sure she is okay and she reaches her arms up for me to get her. I lay her down and assure her that she is okay, she quiets down for at least 5 minutes then she is screaming again.

I know that babies are going to cry, but I feel she needs more one on one attention than I am able to give. I don't want the mom to think that I'm terming because all dcg does is cry.

How do I word a termination letter to the mom that doesn't come off being offensive?
Happy Hearts 12:07 PM 05-31-2013
I couldn't bear the crying either; that's why I only do 2 years and up. I really feel for you.

I don't think you need to give a reason.... parents tend to get defensive if it's about their kid. Short and sweet termination letter is all you need.

Good luck!
williams2008 12:18 PM 05-31-2013
Originally Posted by Happy Hearts:
I couldn't bear the crying either; that's why I only do 2 years and up. I really feel for you.

I don't think you need to give a reason.... parents tend to get defensive if it's about their kid. Short and sweet termination letter is all you need.

Good luck!
Thank you!
e.j. 03:42 PM 05-31-2013
Originally Posted by Happy Hearts:
Short and sweet termination letter is all you need. Good luck!
I agree. I feel for you! I've been going through something similar for the past several months and am finally seeing a big change in my dc baby. I'm glad I stuck it out now but there were times when I seriously considered terming - and I've never termed a family in 17 years!
Reply Up