Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Father's Day ideas???
Josiegirl 03:27 PM 05-15-2015
I haven't scouted out Pinterest for this yet but wondered if anybody here has come up with any ideas?
This time of year always does me in, so much to do and my youngest is graduating college in a week. My brain has left me.
Help???
Unregistered 11:05 AM 05-17-2015
Last year we made big tagboard neckties with elastic to hold them on. Kids colored them and I made long skinny envelopes to put them in. It was like a card and gift combined. Every dad wore his in the next day, do cute, they loved them.
melilley 11:32 AM 05-18-2015
Last year I bought work gloves from the Dollar Store and had the kids put their handprint on the top of the gloves. I found a cute poem to go along with the gloves (I forget what it said,but I found it online). Then they made a card.
Controlled Chaos 12:39 PM 05-18-2015
Joanne's Fabric had wooden bird houses for one dollar, so we will pain those.
Abigail 02:09 PM 05-18-2015
2 of the previous 3 years we've done fishing rods made of small branches from our tree. We cut down lots of bushes this year so I just put the nice foot long, almost straight branches aside so they're ready to go! The kids tie yarn to it, about a foot in length as well. Then on the end is attached a cardstock image of a fish the kids colored and I hole punched to tie onto the yarn. Then we just find a simple poem or phrase about dad like "You're a great catch dad!" and attach it to the pole. The kids can color by hand or we've done marble painting on the fish by shaking the fish in a container of marbles with some paint of their choosing. Most of our dads are outdoor/sporting kind of dads so it works! We will just do a simple footprint or handprint and poem for the little babies and possibly all the big kids as a complimentary gift. We don't buy any monetary items for mothers/fathers day. Just hands-on thought-out gifts!
kendallina 03:54 PM 05-18-2015
I usually frame one of their child's paintings. I buy 4x6 frames at the dollar store for this.

Some years I've given them a mason jar filled with all the ingredients to make chocolate chip cookies ( the children pour everything in). And the card that we make includes the instructions on how to make the cookies. One year I actually had a dad call me mid-cookie making at 7:30pm because he had a question about the instructions..haha! Some dads love this gift, others dread it.
Reply Up