Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What Would You Charge For Half Day?
cherryhill 05:37 PM 04-19-2011
I have only had full time or all day care. I guess I would charge 50.00 all day, would I just charge half of that or an hourly rate?

Thanks
JenNJ 05:38 PM 04-19-2011
I charge daily for part time and hourly for partial days. I charge $6 per hour for drop in which is what I consider partial days.
cherryhill 05:41 PM 04-19-2011
Originally Posted by JenNJ:
I charge daily for part time and hourly for partial days. I charge $6 per hour for drop in which is what I consider partial days.
What is your daily rate?
juliebug 05:41 PM 04-19-2011
i don't offer that but if i did i would make it a little more then half. so maybe $30 for half days or under 4 hours!
JenNJ 05:46 PM 04-19-2011
Originally Posted by cherryhill:
What is your daily rate?
My highest daily rate is $37 per day for a part time child. My full time daily rate is $32.
grandmom 07:35 AM 04-27-2011
Look at it this way. What is the price difference if you buy a 10 oz bottle of shampoo or a 20 oz bottle of the same shampoo. Huge difference. I charge about 65% or more for half a day or part time. It's not worth the extra money to take less.
daycare 07:37 AM 04-27-2011
No way not in Cali. I would charge at least $30.00 for half day.
Half day to what time ? Will they eat lunch?
Cat Herder 07:52 AM 04-27-2011
They would still be taking up a slot that you cannot sell so I don't recommend taking anything less than full pay.

That is a bumpy road to start down....IMHO.
Meeko 07:54 AM 04-27-2011
Wow! I would be rich if I could charge what some of you do! I am average for around here and it's $20 for a full day!.....
Cat Herder 07:55 AM 04-27-2011
Originally Posted by Meeko60:
Wow! I would be rich if I could charge what some of you do! I am average for around here and it's $20 for a full day!.....
Same here...

Of course the median income for my area is $30,000.
WDW 08:07 AM 04-27-2011
Originally Posted by Catherder:
Same here...

Of course the median income for my area is $30,000.
Me Three! Very average at $23/day. I don't do half days at all either.
PitterPatter 08:36 AM 04-27-2011
Originally Posted by juliebug:
i don't offer that but if i did i would make it a little more then half. so maybe $30 for half days or under 4 hours!
OMG I only get $10 for under 4 hours, $5 for under 2 hours. So basically I work for a max of $2.50 per hour. Full day up to 12 hrs I get $20 for toddlers. BUT of course again mine are all state paid so I get what they give and that's it. I am permitted to charge for late pick up fees now so I charge $5 per hour. I should up it. IF permiited to.
PitterPatter 08:37 AM 04-27-2011
Originally Posted by Meeko60:
I'm right there with ya Meek!!
Evansmom 09:22 AM 04-27-2011
Man I wish I could charge Cali rates and pay Texas prices!

My half day rate is $15 for less than 5 hours of care.

Full time is $30 a day and I'm at the top of the range for home daycare!
daycare 09:24 AM 04-27-2011
Originally Posted by Evansmom:
Man I wish I could charge Cali rates and pay Texas prices!

My half day rate is $15 for less than 5 hours of care.

Full time is $30 a day and I'm at the top of the range for home daycare!
I would love to pay Texas prices.... gas here in Northern cali is $4.39 a gallon for 87

milk $4.19 for 2%....

I think in the end it all turns out about the same when you take cost of living into consideration
MamaBear 10:28 AM 04-27-2011
Southern Cali is just like Northern Cali... The norm here is about $30 for half day... $40 for full day... $200 flat rate per week. I charge $160 flat rate per week. Seems to be the lower average price around expensive California.
daycare 10:41 AM 04-27-2011
Originally Posted by MamaBear:
Southern Cali is just like Northern Cali... The norm here is about $30 for half day... $40 for full day... $200 flat rate per week. I charge $160 flat rate per week. Seems to be the lower average price around expensive California.
actually depending on where you live in so cal and no cal... I moved from Orange County beach area 3 years ago to No Cali. I thought that OC was expensive until I moved to the Bay area.... The bay area makes The OC look cheap.....lol
MamaBear 10:43 AM 04-27-2011
Originally Posted by daycare:
actually depending on where you live in so cal and no cal... I moved from Orange County beach area 3 years ago to No Cali. I thought that OC was expensive until I moved to the Bay area.... The bay area makes The OC look cheap.....lol
Really? Eeek... I live in the suburbs in southern San Diego and its kinda expensive here. I used to live in the Bay Area too (Monterey/Pebble Beach area) and it was crazy expensive. I guess its just how California is!
Grines 10:55 AM 04-27-2011
Hi, I read in an article that the average hourly salary is about $8.00, so for half a day it would be around $32? The article is here if you want to take a look http://newezinearticles.com/Art/2878...re-Worker.html
KEG123 11:11 AM 04-27-2011
My full time rate is 25 per day/125 weekly. if someone wanted a part day, it would be 15 for under 4 hours. My rates are exactly "average" for my area.
Unregistered 11:38 AM 04-27-2011
I work at a center in Kansas.

We charge $155 a week for 12 months-36 months and $135 a week for 3-4 year olds.

Our part time rate is $36 a day, or $21 half days (7a.m. to noon, or noon to 6 p.m.)

Part time rates should be higher as parents are praying for a premium spot. We do tell our part-time parents that they may lose their spot if a full-time child comes along. So far I have not had to ask anyone to leave (I've been director here for 15 months) I put the part time kids opposite each other. One of our rooms is licensed for 12 kids. I have 9 full timers and 5 parttimers, but no more than 12 kids there on any one day. When you average out what they are paying it equals the equivalent of 12 full time kids.

Lori
Meeko 11:48 AM 04-27-2011
Originally Posted by daycare:
I would love to pay Texas prices.... gas here in Northern cali is $4.39 a gallon for 87

milk $4.19 for 2%....

I think in the end it all turns out about the same when you take cost of living into consideration
$4.19 for milk???!!!!!!! I complained because I now have to pay $2.17!!!!! I guess it's all relevant depending where you live.

Most expensive gas in my home town is $3.63. SamsClub is $3.50
Abigail 07:32 PM 04-27-2011
Originally Posted by cherryhill:
I have only had full time or all day care. I guess I would charge 50.00 all day, would I just charge half of that or an hourly rate?

Thanks
Do you have a maximum hours of just open-close hours that you base your $50 rate by?

I would not do either of your suggestions. You don't want to charge hourly because you know someone will come late after the hour and round down or argue with you on the rate day by day. You also would end up getting kids dropped off from just an hour or two at a time which would really distrupt your routine. You don't want to charge half the rate because the longer the hours in care the cheaper the rates go--normally, so you want to follow just that. Shorter hours in care have higher rates. I would say part time care is up to four hours and is $30-$35. $30 for a max. of four hours would be 60% and $35 would be 70% if you go over the four hour limit it's considered full time. This would make the most sense. If they only need care for 2 hours then $30 it is or else they can find a babysitter. Your area must be fairly expensive to charge $250. That is double the rate here.
Tags:rates, rates - half day, rates - hourly to daily
Reply Up