Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What The Heck Was I Thinkin?
MamaBear 09:44 AM 05-18-2011
So I had a family contact me for daycare...I had met with them a year ago for a tour but didnt have a space at the time. Now her son is 2 yrs old and shes 1 month pregnant right now. I have a toddler space coming up in July so she wanted to take it. All sounded good, but then she made me this offer. I was accepting the offer, but I just mapped it out and its AWFUL! I unfortunately had to counteroffer her deal.

This is what she wanted:
It sounded good at first... but basically I would be holding her son's full time space AND her infants full time space for 7 months straight for only $80 a week! I would never be able to fill those spaces temporarily because who wants only 7 months of care?

This is what I just offered her instead:
I would still kind of screwing myself for 7 months holding the infant space, but not as bad as holding 2 spaces for 7 months for $80 a week.

She emailed me back sounding a little perturbed that she would have to think about it. She gave me a sob story about how expensive their new mortgage is and whatnot, but why is that my problem? I could easily find 2 other families to take the 2 spaces and make more money that way.

What the heck was I thinking to even consider that? From my experience in the past when I said okay to things like that, I ended up feeling resentment towards the situation. Isnt it funny how parents try to fandangle deals sometimes? Sheesh.
wdmmom 10:22 AM 05-18-2011
Good for you for catching a bad deal when offered. I wouldn't have accepted it either.

I would go as far as telling her the offer is only good for a certain number of days.

Start advertising now. AND, I would definitely advertise 2 spots! No way would I hold a spot until next summer! I'll probably have at least 1 kid leave between now and then anyway!
grandmom 02:55 PM 05-18-2011
Just send her another email saying you took a vote with all of us and we said no way.
PeanutsGalore 03:12 PM 05-18-2011
Originally Posted by grandmom:
Just send her another email saying you took a vote with all of us and we said no way.
That's my vote too!
Tags:rates
Reply Up